Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2002 6:33:07 PM EDT
my local pawn shop has a few rifles and this is what they are:
both ruger model 77's in 7mm mag with scopes
1 is out for sale with a price of $415 but they said for me $285 and the other one comes out of pawn tommorrow for the same price.
it sounds like a ok deal to me and maybe if I ask I might be able to get them both for $550.
1 is a regular model 77 and the other 1 a model 77 mark2.
thinking about getting both and hang onto them untill hunting season rolls around and sell one to bring the price down on the other one so I would not be into it to much.
whats the going price on this type of rifle remember the scopes are not real good like busnell 3x9's
should I buy 1 or both or are they asking to much.
they also are bringing out a model 70 winchester in the 300 weatherby mag with the xtr on the barrel, but they want $400 for it. looks almost like new but I guess the ammo would be pricey. they said they only made it for about 3 or 4 years and with the xtr it was the first year if that really matters.

let me know what you all think as I plan on going back tommorrow and will read this before I go.

thanks jon
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on how clean these rifles are.  If they have been out hunting a season or two it is not such a good deal.  If they are in 96 percent shape or better it is a good deal, probably a super clean one is worth $400.

Also all things being equal the Mark II Ruger 77 is worth more than the older design, which was standard push feed with spring loaded ejector and with no Mauseresque extractor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top