Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2002 8:11:24 AM EDT
I heard that there is a mod you can do to Browning HPs to allow the mags to drop free.  Is this true?

I want to let my daughter use mine to start shooting IPSC but I need the mags to drop..

Either that or I will...Gasp.!!! Have to buy another handgun.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#1]
remove the mag safety - that plunger keeps the mags from freefall.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Which part is that on this drawing?
www.marstar.ca/b35a.htm
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Okay - you will have to remove pin #34 - It is on the trigger and exposed in the trigger guard.
once that is done simply rotate (slide off) part # 39 (it is the plunger like thing in the mag well) 90degrees and pull out to the rear of the mag well (the spring will come to) then place parts somewhere you won't loose them . Also notice your trigger in nicer now too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't see the mag safety on that drawing. The part looks like a plunger going into the back of the trigger (#033) and there is a very small pin going through the trigger along with a spring inside the whole assembly. You have to take the trigger out to take the mag safety out.

YOu can identify the right part by taking the slide off the gun, sticking a finger down inside the mag well and pushing forward on a square but flat part. This makes part # 35 swivel on the right side of the frame. If the mag is out with the safety installed, #35 will not engage part # 29 on the slide to fire the gun. If the mag safety is out, #35 has a spring sitting on top that holds it in its proper position to always engage #29.

In someone else's post they refer to part #39, but I am pretty sure that is the pin/spring at the front of the slide safety. As I said, I don't see a hole shown in the drawing of the trigger for the pin that holds the mag safety in place.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You have to take the trigger out to take the mag safety out.

My Error

I don't see the mag safety on that drawing. The part looks like a plunger going into the back of the trigger (#033) and there is a very small pin going through the trigger along with a spring inside the whole assembly.
correct

YOu can identify the right part by taking the slide off the gun, sticking a finger down inside the mag well and pushing forward on a square but flat part. This makes part # 35 swivel on the right side of the frame. If the mag is out with the safety installed, #35 will not engage part # 29 on the slide to fire the gun. If the mag safety is out, #35 has a spring sitting on top that holds it in its proper position to always engage #29.
correct

Stormbringer - I was unsure of some of the part #'s as the drawing was hard to pinpoint what was what - maybe I should have looked at his coresponding list.  Other than wreckteck beleiving you have to take the trigger out he is correct in his disertation

I have done this on Inglis and Browning guns- trust me it works.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I got the pin out ok..however I could not get that plunger to rotate out....

Hmmm

Going to have to work on this a bit more.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Same here, which way do you rotate the plunger?
It doesn't wanna move.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Go here and try this, these guys have it all for BHPs and the mag safety disconnect.

www.fnhipower.com/faq.html
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, Chairborne_Ranger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top