Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2002 8:11:25 PM EDT
...a H & K USP in 9mm?  It comes with one 15 rd mag and is asking $575.00 for it.  States it is in like new condition.  The trade will also include a factory rebuild Glock 22 .40 cal, with one 10 rd mag. Gun has had 10 rds thru it since it's return from the factory,and is in as new condition.  He is asking $475.00 for that one.

I don't care for the squeeze cocker on the P7M8.
On rare occasion, when practicing my draw, I didn't get the gun cocked compleatly and the trigger didn't function.  I also don't like the VERY loud metallic click when yor uncock the gun by releasing the squeeze cocker.  (on the H&K!!)  The sound draws unwanted attention when you may least want it.

I asked if he was interested in a trade, and he he seemed interested!

Any one have experiance with a factory rebuild Glock?

Maybe see if he has any additional mags...as hte P7M8 has 2.

Should I?........Huh?

Thanx Tim L.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
What condition is the m8 in.  That is one sweet pistol.  Personally though, I sold my m8 and opted to keep a USP9, which is extremely accurate.  I have almost twice as many rounds and it weighs less. it made more sense to me and seemed like a good idea at the time.  kinda regret it now though.  I would keep the m8 and get a usp9 later.  the glock 22 I am not crazy about.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You know, there is a method to silently decock the M8.  I don't have one, so I can't explain well, but it involves barely pulling the slide back while releasing the squeeze cocker.  I'm sure someone else here can explain better.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The m8 has 150 rds. (2-75rd qualification courses) thru it and is in excellent cond.  Looks Brand new.

I'm not real interested in the Glock either, but thought I might use it for trade at a later date.  Maybe try to see what everone sees in them!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the P7M8 better than the USP's... I would say that you should shoot the USP9mm and see if you like it better.
If you do and your happy with the trade, go for it. If not, don't.... I do know the P7 is a more expensive gun. My ex-gf carries one, we found it to be the best gun for her. While it's heavy for it's size, it's quite compact and has a great trigger pull.
I don't like the USPs...nor do I like Glock. It's a personal prefrence.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You know, there is a method to silently decock the M8.  I don't have one, so I can't explain well, but it involves barely pulling the slide back while releasing the squeeze cocker.  I'm sure someone else here can explain better.

brouhaha,

I'm trying this as I sit here.  It is much more quiet, but still not silent.  Guess I'll practice some more!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Some advice,

never sell a gun you like the slightest amount. Only sell off the complete turds.

I've sold a total of 4 guns in my life, and I regret all but 1 of them...

The P7 is a nice pistol, and getting harder to get all the time. If it were me, I'd bag my lunch, eat out less, work extra hours and take a 2nd job for a while if I wanted to get another gun before I sell anything I have currently...

If you like the P7 keep it. You can always get more money.

Regards,
Francis
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like the P7M8 better than the USP's... I would say that you should shoot the USP9mm and see if you like it better.
If you do and your happy with the trade, go for it. If not, don't.... I do know the P7 is a more expensive gun.

AcidGambit,

The seller is on the internet so I can't shoot it first.  I originally got the m8 to sell and try to make a few hundred $$$ for my 2002 LEGP rifle fund, and all the goodies that go with it.  Want to try to get the AK-47 LEGP also, if that goes thru!  The m8 took a bit of a bite out of my LEGP fund.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#8]
My first thought when I saw your thread was to tell you to never trade an HK.  But since you are only trading for another its ok  Seriously though, why keep anything you dont care for.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Some advice,

never sell a gun you like the slightest amount. Only sell off the complete turds.

I've sold a total of 4 guns in my life, and I regret all but 1 of them...

The P7 is a nice pistol, and getting harder to get all the time. If it were me, I'd bag my lunch, eat out less, work extra hours and take a 2nd job for a while if I wanted to get another gun before I sell anything I have currently...

If you like the P7 keep it. You can always get more money.

Regards,
Francis

Francis,

I hear what your saying!!  I have never sold a gun that I have acquired.  I do have some second thoughts about selling it even thou thats the reason I got it, to sell for a profit.  (to help build up the LEGP fund!) gotta buy bullets to feed all my hungry babies too!!

Thanx
Tim L>
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll trade you for a Springfield TRP, i'm a big fan of the squeeze cockers...

BTW, not to sour the other deal, but you could buy a NIB Glock 22 with both mags for $475.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't.
That H&K you have is probably one of the last pistols on my wish list.

Are any still being made/imported new?
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My first thought when I saw your thread was to tell you to never trade an HK.  But since you are only trading for another its ok  Seriously though, why keep anything you dont care for.

schapman43,

I knew someone would say that!!  I knew that the subject line would draw in the HK fans.  What!!  Trade an HK?!?!  

Tim L.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Call me a sucker, but if and when I buy a P7M8, I expect that I will pay $900+ for it unless I stumble across one at a yard sale on the Skagit.  

sure HK pistols are great, but if you don't like it, get another one.  Just make sure that you know beforehand you like the replacement better.  

Have you shoot the USP-F yet?  I have not, but know that the grip is pretty large. The Compact series is a much better fit for me.  

My opinion is keep the P7m8 and get another pistol
Also, my opinion = $.00001  :)
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 4:25:47 AM EDT
[#14]
fyrftr,

It depends on how much you dislike the P7. I personally like them and want one really bad but am unable to find one under $900.00.

Here's how I would look at it.

P7M8 - going rate $9000-$1200 (if you can find one)

USP9 - going rate is $550 and can be had very easily

Glock 22 rebuild - going rate $400

I wouldn't do it, but I like the P7's.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:31:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
fyrftr,

It depends on how much you dislike the P7. I personally like them and want one really bad but am unable to find one under $900.00.

Here's how I would look at it.

P7M8 - going rate $9000-$1200 (if you can find one)

USP9 - going rate is $550 and can be had very easily

Glock 22 rebuild - going rate $400

I wouldn't do it, but I like the P7's.

M4A3

OK ya'll have convinced me!!  I'll keep it!  I'll keep it!

I don't really dislike the p7 as much as I am mildly annoyed (sp?)by the metallic click when decocking, and the rare occasion when I fail to squeeze the cocker hard enough and the trigger fail to engage!    I guess that's a little more than a minor annoyance, depending on the circumstances.

Tim L.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:58:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Or, just give me a good deal on it and let me worry about it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:01:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I know you've already made up your mind, but I have to say, Don't ever think of trading that gun ever again!!!! I traded mine and I will never forgive myself. Its not an easy gun to replace, unless you have really deep pockets, and a little luck. On second thought, i'll trade you my USP .45 for it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Holy Sh!t, what were you thinking? Getting a good deal by selling a P7 has got to be like winning the special olympics! Even if you win, you're still retarded!

There is indeed a way to SILENTLY de-cock the P7. It does NOT involve pulling the slide back (which is a less noisy method than releasing the squeeze cocker). Here is how its done:

Under the trigger guard and mag release is a small metal lever. This lever is obstructed by the cocking lever when uncocked. When you have the cocking lever depressed, it will expose this small metal lever. With your left index finger, push UP on the small metal lever until it gives way. You will need to practice this a little, and learn how to do it correctly, or it will pinch your finger a little.

Once you master this technique, it will be silent, and painless.

For more P7 info please visit this Forum: www.parkcitiestactical.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

This is known as the "Cult of the P7" and it is.
Everything you wanted to know about the P7, but were afraid to ask.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Holy Sh!t, what were you thinking? Getting a good deal by selling a P7 has got to be like winning the special olympics! Even if you win, you're still retarded!

There is indeed a way to SILENTLY de-cock the P7. It does NOT involve pulling the slide back (which is a less noisy method than releasing the squeeze cocker).  

For more P7 info please visit this Forum: www.parkcitiestactical.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Ouch Avatar,

Thas's gonna leave a mark!!

I give!  I give!!  I'll NEVER sell it!!!  (Well...never say never...)

I felt in the back of my mind (that's not too deep) that I wasn't going to get rid of it once I got it!  I just had to get over the fact that the $$$ came out of the LEGP fund and won't be replaced any time soon.  Couldn't pass up the deal of a life time you know!!  I have never gotten rid of a firearm that I have aquired, and just knew that I wouldn't start now. I just needed some convincing!

Ya didn't hve to beat me down so hard!  

Tim

edited to add  Oh. thanx for the tip on the silent decock.  I'll check out the link.  Thanx for the lesson!  may I have another!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry, Fyrftr, I had to make sure to get through. I just hope you understand it was all in good fun.

I agree, never sell a perfectly good firearm. Let the foolish "other guy" do it.

For someone with enough intelligence and class to own a P7, I knew you must have been suffering from some kind of temporary insanity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top