Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2002 7:17:35 PM EDT
i want to get all the black coating off of my upper and lower i was thinking of sand blasting but i don't know if that would work. i want to somehow make everything white for coyote hunting. i'm thinking maybe a metal kind of paint from a spray gun.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Um, unless you're going to recoat your rifle with something more substantial, I think your should keep the original parkerized finish.  It was designed to protect the metal underneath from the elements.  I think it even acts as kind of a sponge to retain some of the CLP you apply to protect it.  If you want to camafloge your gun for winter, just try to find a white gun sock or even try "Bowflage."  The Bowflage is a removable paint, so you can change your rifle's appearance every time the wind blows a different direction.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to the "build it yourself" forum and check out the Tapco kits thread that's tacked. I remember seeing an intersting set up a guy had to strip receivers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top