Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2002 6:07:14 PM EDT
Anyone know if a source for Beretta 92 mag floor plates and parts besides the factory? They tend to overcharge direct. I remeber seeing some nice rubber type floorplates somewhere once also.

Anyone ever have their pistol mags refinished? Not sure if it's even worth it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#1]
LE6920,
If you check with your local supplier, they should have them.  I pick up new bottoms from a police supplier in Denver by the name of Dave's Guns on Parker Rd. The last time I picked them up, they were $5.99 for the factory ones.  I ding them up pretty bad, due to free drops when shooting matches. As far as the plastic ones, I haven't tried yet. Don't know how they would do on a drop test.  If your looking for springs, give Wolf springs a call. They extra power springs are great when you leave your mags loaded for a long time.

As far as refinishing them, I use cold blueing on the mag body to get them back to black. On  the pads, I use Aluminum Black by Birchwood Casey.   If you want a perfect finish, you will need to polish out the scratches and dings.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top