Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2002 3:34:13 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

I could use any info. and web sites that talk about these two guns. AR OA-98 or .223 Cal "AR-15" Pistol.  (New Type 20)

If anyone could give me advice and info on them I would really appreciate it. I want one
Thanks....
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#1]
is this the swiss cheese model? all i know about it is the buffer is replaced by a spring housed over the barrel, not unlike the LR300. the LR300 uses a standard bolt, but the bolt carrier is where the magic happens, to link to rehashed buffer spring. thats a basic run down on the operation of the beast. incase you dont know, its swiss cheesed to keep it under 50 oz. the nazi 94 crime bill says a pistol over 50 ounces makes it desirable to criminals(WHAT THE F***) therfore, banned. OLY made the Oa93 in a pre ban type config prior to the ban. also, .223 from that short of a barrel is all but usless. it just hads a really loud bark, and a good light show. it is a toy with no real application (not that theirs anythong wrong with that)

the last thing to be said is i belive it is a good bit over priced, but they get away with it cause it has no current post ban equivelent. you may want to wait, i hear heese is coming out with a light weight upper for their kevlar ar15 lower. that would give a pistol without all the holes. it would also be a good deal cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Matt,
How about the type 20. It has a type of buffer assembly that protruds a bit unlike the OA-98.
It looks like one could attach a stock to it.
Have any info on it ?
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the Type 20 made by Oly too? Dose anyone have any pics of it, I've never heard of it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#4]
armed scientist, yes you have, just most people dont call it the type 20. thats the carbon 15 pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top