Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2002 10:32:28 AM EDT
I have been waiting for them to work out the bugs, and it appears that they have. I ordered the 24" fluted,ported match rifle with the FAL based receiver. Anyone have any opinions on ASA in general and the rifle in particular? You can see the rifle at www.gunkits.com
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Steve,

Usually one asks for these opinions before doing the deal.

All I can say is good luck.  If it works good for you.  If you have problems, don't be surprised if the service falls between dismal and outright rude.

If you had asked before buying I would have suggested you don't hurt yourself by doing business with them and buy the Armalite.  The AR10 is an excellent rifle.

BTW, I notice the ASA board on this site is locked.  Anyone know why?

James
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't believe you didn't get an ArmaLite AR-10(T).

Just remember if that ASA even has a hick-up there's dozens waiting to say I told you so.  (So don't ever admit it !)

Link Posted: 1/8/2002 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought an ASA carbine and the Barrell extension was no goot. It shot great for the first 30 rounds then would no longer chamber. A new barrell cleared it up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
When I first started looking to buy my first AR, I gave ASA a call.  I asked about their warranty.  The guy got rude when I asked him how they would handle it if I wasn't satisified.  I've had my colt every since.  They may make excellent equipment, but if you want my money your not gonna get rude with me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
When I first started looking to buy my first AR, I gave ASA a call.  I asked about their warranty.  The guy got rude when I asked him how they would handle it if I wasn't satisified.  I've had my colt every since.  They may make excellent equipment, but if you want my money your not gonna get rude with me.

I have an in writing guarantee that the rifle will be replaced for any reason that I find objectionable. I own an AR10T, AR10a4, and AR10a2, so, I thought I'd give these guys a shot. I already have a complete AR15 24"HB flattop upper from them that shoots sub moa. I feel comfortable so far. I'll post my experiences as they occur.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]
If you had asked before buying I would have suggested you don't hurt yourself by doing business with them and buy the Armalite.  The AR10 is an excellent rifle.

James
James, BTDT, got the 10t, an a4, and an a2 from Armalite, all are excellent. I look on this new ASA as something new to try out. It also doesn't hurt that it uses FAL metric mags at $10-15 new.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I think a lot of guys have been curious about this gun and the HAR25 (Hesse), but have been hesitant because it is an ASA product. Let us know how it works!
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think a lot of guys have been curious about this gun and the HAR25 (Hesse), but have been hesitant because it is an ASA product. Let us know how it works!

I'll post the good, the bad and the ugly!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Any word on this yet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top