Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2002 8:59:42 AM EDT
I found this ad on the net.  Is this a good deal?

WTS Benelli M1 Tactical Shotguns T&E'ed by NYPD

"OK. Here is the deal. I had Benelli ship 10 M1 Tactical Shotguns with 18 inch barrels and ghost ring sights to the NYPD for T&E by their Emergency Service Boys. They held onto them for about 6 months and put them through their paces. The NYPD just shipped these guns back to me. As you may or may not know, the NYPD does not sell any of its guns to the public. They destroy them before trading them in. This is an opportunity to own one or more of the weapons used by the NYPD EMS truck units. They are buying new ones now because they liked these so much.
They tested them with the following accessories, all of which i still have:

Blackhawk tactical sling and buttstock shell holder, surefire 617 forend and light.

Price is $850 for the gun alone and $1,075 for the package as tested by the NYPD. Sorry, we aren't selling the accessories without the shotguns? "

Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope..That's what you could buy it for new around here.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I paid less then $700 a few years ago.  Note, with the pistol grip you can only have a 5 rd mag tube or you violate the 1994 crime bill. Benelli makes a 7 rd tube which is legal with the straight grip.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#3]
You can get that setup for $1150 new from L.A.W. Enforcement sales or Cals Sporting Armory.   If he was selling it for $800 for the whole setup, then it might be worth seeing provided he gives you an inspection period.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#4]
That is actually very high for what I've seen them go for at the shows.

In the past two months I've seen three sell (used but very nice) for...

1. $475
2. $550
3. $530

If you look and be patient, you can do much better.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
To AR Rifle ,

As a fellow AR15 member I will strongly advise you to stay away from those particular guns.

I'm not talking about the Benelli M1 Super 90 which are great guns ( have one myself ).

I'm just saying stay away from those particular guns. Can't elaborate anymore other than saying that I know what those guns have been through.

Hopes this helps
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nope..That's what you could buy it for new around here.

ditto...keep looking.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 3:54:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the head-up and reply.

To AR Rifle ,

As a fellow AR15 member I will strongly advise you to stay away from those particular guns.

I'm not talking about the Benelli M1 Super 90 which are great guns ( have one myself ).

I'm just saying stay away from those particular guns. Can't elaborate anymore other than saying that I know what those guns have been through.

Hopes this helps

Do you mean that there are something wrong with these particular guns? or that they are over use and abuse?
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 4:47:46 AM EDT
[#8]
What he's trying not to say, dude, is that those guns were used for everything including a swizzle stick at a hurricane party....rode hard and put up wet, as it were.

QS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top