Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2002 8:52:15 AM EDT
What would the far price be on an Essential Arms J-15 in very good condition?  

I just don't ever see too many of these for sale.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#1]
i would not pay more than 1,000.  850-1000 seems about right

max
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm, why so cheap?  I mean, I see plain lowers going for that every now and then...  Most complete pre-bans sell in the $1250-$1400 range.  Does EA suck?
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 10:10:34 AM EDT
[#3]
No they don't suck, it's just the price on pre-bans has dropped since the CaliBan rush is over. Sure you can pay more but if you look around (the internet) the average non Colt pre-ban in a standard configuration can be had for about that. DPMS bought the machining when EA went out of business in 93 (94?, whatever before the ban).
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay BK, please inform the ignorant here?  What Caliban rush?  I take it you mean Kalifornia -- but what rush?  I thought all AR's were illegal there anyway.  Well, except for that new break-open-to-load POS.  

Clue me in...
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay, I have been scouring Subguns.com and all of the prices are still nicely above 1K...
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmm, why so cheap?  I mean, I see plain lowers going for that every now and then...  Most complete pre-bans sell in the $1250-$1400 range.  Does EA suck?

I think that Essential Arms only produced lower receivers, not complete rifles. All rifles would then be "parts guns". Plus, there is the hoopla about proving that the rifle was assembled into an AW before 9/13/94. If one cannot prove that their rifle was in an assembled state before the ban , then it is considered a post-ban by the BATF. If I am in error on any of the above points, someone feel free to correct me. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#7]
BKinzey is right. DPMS bought all the old stuff from EA. Also, Quality parts ( Bushmaster) used EA lowers exclusively as they were the only ones you didn't have to "match up" to get them to fit right, now they manufacture their own. I still have an old EA CAR and it still shoots like a million. Good Stuff, Maynard.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, then, let me cut to the chase.  Do you think anyone out there would be willing to pay in the $1250 neighborhood for one???  

Not me...someone else?
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw one a few months back for like 800 bucks.  the lower looked in good shape but the upper looked like crap.  I was going to buy it but I was still paying for my Bushmaster..
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought a complete EA A1 type parts rifle last year w/ colt 3x20 BD scope, 4 mags, sling and cleaning kit. All parts were USGI and in exc condition, recvr was an early 4 digit SN. $ 825.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Dagnabbit!  I thought that the $850 tag was a steal.  I have a preban Oly and some other stuff, but didn't know that the EA's sold for so cheap.  Thanks for helping out fellas!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top