Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2002 3:10:26 AM EDT
Sorry I had to scare everyone, but I do think my idea would work.  Just think about it, we should designate a certain area in which it is completely illegal to own firearms of any type. All of the anti-gun people would move there and then we could all watch and laugh at the ensuing chaos. I can see it now...after about a week some criminal will hold the entire city hostage...at knife-point.  Seriously though, if we did outlaw guns completely in any area, the crime rate would go through the roof, we wouldn't even have to feel sorry for all the anti-gunners getting attacked because that is what they wanted...right?
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:22:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I know a place....where the only guns in existence are in the hands of the police. Where no one owns or uses a gun. Where you can't walk ten feet without encountering a police officer ready and willing to do their job. It's the anti's utopia, the gun free land of ambrosia. And you can even find it in these United States.

It's called PRISON. And I'd LOVE to see those bastages shoved there.....it's like the old proverb...be careful what you wish for....
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:58:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I was just getting ready to say
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:33:16 AM EDT
[#3]
The fact is that the "powers that be" have already done this in just about every major city in the US.  The defacto gun ban shows the results that you predict...our large cities are were guns are used most for crimes.  The criminals love it!

Look at Chicago, the nations new "murder capital".  Handguns...illegal.  "Assault rifles"...illegal.  Murders...close to 700 for the year 2001.  You do the math.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
 The criminals love it.
------------------------------------------------
If I could get any liberal, anti-gunner, etc., to consider, just consider one thing that one thing would be the definition of "Criminals."
By definition criminals are those that do not obey the law.
(Seems such a simple concept to a simple schittt like me.)
Again, again and yet again laws such as those in Chicago prove that gun-laws are only respected by already law-abiding citizens. Not law-breaking criminals.

But what would I a law abiding, gun owning, conservative, USA loving, flag admiring and an admitted simple schittt know.

Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know a place....where the only guns in existence are in the hands of the police. Where no one owns or uses a gun. Where you can't walk ten feet without encountering a police officer ready and willing to do their job. It's the anti's utopia, the gun free land of ambrosia. And you can even find it in these United States.

It's called PRISON. And I'd LOVE to see those bastages shoved there.....it's like the old proverb...be careful what you wish for....

No, they pretty much can smuggle guns in there too. They don't much, preferring knives, but it's not unknown.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Putting on my Feinstein/Marx/Hitler/Schumer hat for a moment, that wouldn't work because bad people would be constantly smuggling in guns from the places they *aren't* illegal.  So we need to make them illegal everywhere . . .
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Sorry I had to scare everyone, but I do think my idea would work. Just think about it, we should designate a certain area in which it is completely illegal to own firearms of any type. All of the anti-gun people would move there and then we could all watch and laugh at the ensuing chaos. I can see it now...after about a week some criminal will hold the entire city hostage...at knife-point. Seriously though, if we did outlaw guns completely in any area, the crime rate would go through the roof, we wouldn't even have to feel sorry for all the anti-gunners getting attacked because that is what they wanted...right

Is that what happening now in CA, NJ, NY and MD?
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#8]
This has been done. Washington DC was murder capital for years after doing so. Chicago has taken their place and notably has some of the most stringent anti-gun laws in the nation. Kali should get real interesting, as well. The inmates, psychos and freaks already run that state. All those who registered their guns in Kali may have remained "legal" but will soon be turning them in for mass destruction.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Your idea has been tried several times, and was generally thought to work well for a while in each case.  Thugs, terrorists and hooligans (and legitimate owners, but who cares about them) were stripped of their arms on several occasions throughout the past century.  Germany leading up to Hitler, the former Soviet Union under Stalin, Pol Pot's Cambodia, and a host of other less publicized efforts were all in accord with your essential theory.  Eventually each case led to lessons for the gullible public who allowed such notions to take hold.

Even here in North America, millions of people spent time in a similar gun-free utopia whenever they boarded a plane.  They felt safe in their unarmed insecurity - they were passengers, not security guards.  Money or jewels might need to be guarded with firearms because some baddies might want to take those valuables - but no one wanted to take their lives, and therefore (unlike their ancestors of every generation) they needed no firearms, they reasoned.  The media had told them that they were 43 times more likely to die from a gun in the home than to shoot burglars - and who paid attention to the later corrections to that discredited study, or to the fact that in 98% of cases of defensive firearms use it was not necessary to fire even a single shot.  Nobody cared - it was all academic research that didn't concern them because they didn't own firearms.  Then thousands of them died in a single morning.  It seems that some folks now prefer a new form of utopia in which citizens are possessed of the ability to defend themselves and their fellow man against bands of homicidal rogues who happen to be equipped with kitchen utensils, shaving implements, shoe bombs and the like.  There are expensive ways to do this in specifically defined areas (eg air marshalls, national guard) and there are inexpensive ways to do this wherever there are people.  CCW springs to mind.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#10]
They can change Cali gun laws all they want because I will continue to spit on the sidewalk, not come to a complete stop at a stop sign late at night with no traffic, drive faster than 55, not wear a life vest on my boat, and continue to be a proud gun owning other than those things law abiding citizen.

just MHO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top