Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2002 6:06:45 PM EDT
Pick up a brand new Kimber Custom II .45 ACP today. I also love the cash n' carry when using a concealed pistol license in Washington State.

Dave Dee
NRA/ILA Member
AR15.com Moderator of Reloading, General Firearm Discussion & Hunting Forum.
A great place to get answers to your reloading & hunting questions.
Or come and take a look at my web page at.
members.aol.com/dbrewer842/dbrewer842.html
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#1]

I also love the cash n' carry when using a concealed pistol license in Washington State.

It's the same here in GA; God bless!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Cash and carry works in OK until you have to renew, then you have to go through the instant check. Doesn't make much sense to me, but that's the way it is.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok! so how does it shoot? Inquiring minds wanna know.

Jamie
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The phone call check is no problem too me. 2 minute wait compaired to a 7 day wait period.

So far I am still breaking in the match grade barrel. So far at 25 yards it is shooting free hand 1 foot pattern, but I am also cold and shaking like a dog pooping a peach seed. So far I have only put about 35 rounds threw it. But tomorrow another day, and it is supposed to be one without rain and nasty cold wind. I also reloaded some Max charged 200 gr. JSP today. I shot 7 late today and that seem to help tighten the pattern even more. Tomorrow I will bench shoot it and really get a better picture of how good it shoots. So far no jams, smooth working and sweet feeling M1911-A1 model.

Dave Dee
NRA/ILA Member
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]

...So far I am still breaking in the match grade chrome lined barrel....

Which model again?  I did not know they chromed any of their barrels.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#6]
"The Kimber Custom is the best value in a production 1911 pistol ever offered. Finished in durable matte black oxide, it features beveled front and rear slide serrations, match grade barrel and trigger group, polished breech face and full length guide rod. Also available with hand-checkered double diamond walnut grips (Custom/Walnut™) and with Meprolight Tritium three dot (green) night sights (Custom/Night Sights™)."

The above is what they advertise on thier web page.

I thought I had also read on their page it was Chrome, but looks like I was wrong. Or I cannot find it anymore. So I stand corrected. Its just a Match Grade barrel and trigger group.

Dave Dee
NRA/ILA Member
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top