Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2002 11:55:34 AM EDT
Saw this in Shotgun News under "Military/Automatic Arms for Sale":

"REPAIR PARTS:M16 Pre-81 DROP IN AUTO SAFETY SEAR $75 ..."

This one hails from Detroit, Michigan.  Hmmmm.. seems that price of admission to Club Fed has just been reduced.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#1]
They've run that add for a long time, before the address was VA, smells like a trap and probably is. And what is an "auto saftey sear" anyway?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
If this were a Fed trap, how would this hold up in court, and has there ever been a case like this?

Shotgun News has a diverse group of viewers. You could have dad laying the magazine on a table, jr. sees the ad and orders one (using grandmas B-day money).  This is obviously someone with no clue in the world about knowing what's legal.

Could someone please order one so we could resolve this dilemma?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Several years ago while aI was young and nieve I DID order one of these.  Called on the phone, left the delevery info and got the cash to leave with my wife upon COD delivery.  I started reading about these sears and decided that although I wasn't sure that they were illegal to own, I damn wasn't sure that they were, despite what the ad said.  I called back and said to the recording that I was cancelling the order. Do not ship it and if it had allready been shipped that I would refuse delivery because after researching them I thought that they might not be legal to own.  I also mentioned that I was recording the call for future reference.  The box came to my home, I refused delivery and that is the end of the story.  At least as far as I know. I have bought many guns since and was oked for a FFL, so I guess that I am not in too deep with the ATF. FFl is no more because of ZONING issues, but that is ANOTHER story!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They've run that add for a long time, before the address was VA, smells like a trap and probably is. And what is an "auto saftey sear" anyway?

They have run the ad for a long time and the whole thing STINKS.

Each time I see anything resembling a DIAS I run.

There's two choices here - "auto safety sear" = Scam or = trap.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
BTW, this ad is different from the $125 one.  This one runs in the classified section, as oppose to a display ad.  They also have M16 and M2 parts, as if to make the "Intend to Construct" stick better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top