Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2002 10:36:43 AM EDT
I found a place with new DPMS Complete uppers for 349.  Are they any good?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope so. Bought a Bull 24 and paid a lot more than you quoted. Howevr, it's not a standard, it has the big Bull 24" w 1:8 twist. It was recommended by a dealer I trust. All I have heard about DPMS on this web has been good. There are those who favor chrome lined barrels, that isn't what I wanted. CL barrels don't shoot as tight as non-chrome lined, they are suppose to last longer and are easier to clean. I find it's all in what you want or expect. I expect to shoot 1/4 moa with this DPMS. I expect to spend time breaking it in properly and reloading to find what it shoots best. I expect to be happy. I have heard that the Customer Service is good so I expect if I do my part and am not happy, they will respond appropriately. Look way back on this sight, Uppers & Lowers. There is at least one pic of the target fired by a DPMS either Super Bull or its derivitive that was 1/4 moa. Owner says it shoots that way consistently. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a 20"dpms kit I put together on an oly forged lower and am very pleased with it.Only problem was on the flip sight the smaller 200 to 800 meter hole was not drilled.I just got my bushmaster m4 I had at the time to figure out what size to drill the hole and drilled it.With a simmons whitetail scope on the carry handle and my handloads I can shoot 1.5" groups@100yds.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top