Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2002 6:48:28 PM EDT
I have been looking at them for a while.  Are they any good?  Are they accurate?  Are they worth it?

Know of a good place to procure one?

Should I stick with my SKS as my trail gun?

THanks

max
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Kinda looking at these myself.  Thought about a forward mounted pistol scope to use as a scout rifle.  Just stumbled across them and dont know anything about them though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have one, but I'm an Enfield fan so I read the forums.  Basically the Quest is an Ishapore Enfield (7.62NATO) that's been converted to the No. 5 Jungle Carbine configuration. (Except the Ishapore is based on the No. 1 Mk. III and the No. 5 was based on the No. 4 Mk. I)  They are NOT known for excellent (or even really good) accuracy, though they should be capable of holding minute-of-mule-deer out to about 150 yards.  The No. 5 had a reputation as a kicker even when chambered in .303 British (I have had one of those, and I didn't think it was all that bad, but mine was sporterized - not equipped with the military stock.)  To counter this somewhat, the Quest has a sort of muzzle brake.  I would bet that makes it REALLY LOUD.

J&G Sales www.jgsales.com had some a while back.  In the GD forum J&G has had a hit-and-miss reputation when it comes to customer service.  I just checked - they don't show any now.

As a personal aside, I'm not to thrilled with the "chrome pimp-gun" appearance, myself.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Big kick, low price.

Good for short range defense...not exactly a MOA accurate shooter but will take down a big target at 100yds or less.

It was good enough to go to war with & still is.  Come with a nice 12rd magazine.  The mag works, the rifle works & it will do the job up close & personal style.

Just don't expect to win any competitions with it.  It's a decent .308 for the price (around $280.00 or so).

The muzzle brake makes it VERY loud...be sure you wear some type of hearing protection.

Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Low accuracy, high recoil, easy to spot in the sun and LOUD. 2 please.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#5]
ROFL Rudison!!!!  

I don't understand the appeal. Especially when there are a bunch of original No5MK1 rifles on the market.

If you want a .308 scout, there are tons of low cost new manufacture rifles.

Whatever.

Cheers,
Chris

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:23:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Well after all of your input, I think I will stick with my Remington 700 LTR as my dedicated .308.

Thanks
Max
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top