Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2002 12:56:52 PM EDT
I just bought a Pre-ban Tech-9 at a gunshow this weekend.  Excellent condition, almost new in the box with two 32 rd mags. I have never had one before.  I've checked out some websites and it looks to be the most politically incorrect of all the assault weapons.

My question is where can I get a barrel extension for it?  Does anyone know a business or have one for sale?  Also, a factory sling would be good.

Any general comments about the Tec-9 would also be appreciated.  Was the $250. I paid for it a good price or did I get screwed?

Would appreciate any help on the barrel extension and sling.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#1]
i MAY BE MISTAKEN BUT YOU DONT WANT TO FEED A TEC9 ANYTHING THAT IS NOT A ROUND NOSE BULLET, NO HOLLOW POINTS.

Link Posted: 1/6/2002 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw a tec9 full auto at a show a few years ago for $900. I think that is amazingly cheap for a full auto gun. I thought it would be just an expensive noisemaker though. $250 for a semi sounds like a good price to me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I wasn't aware that there were any "full auto" TEC9s out there.  Are you sure you weren't looking at a Cobray M11 (POS)?
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The barrel "extension" for the Tec9 is just for show.  It screws on and adds length but thats it.  Might as well fabricate your own.  And if you've always wanted to experience full auto, you're in luck.  I got a series of Bursts from due to a sticking trigger on my friend's semi-auto only Tec9.  Range master was very aggitated but then he saw what gun we were shooting and knew it wasn't intentional.  Use only factory reloads with this gun.  No reloads.  If you don't believe me, use reloads and you'll see what I mean.  Good luck and always check for cracks around the backstop of the gun befor firing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]
SJSAMPLE,

you are probably right. It probably was a M11 that I saw.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wasn't aware that there were any "full auto" TEC9s out there.  Are you sure you weren't looking at a Cobray M11 (POS)?

I knew a local businessman around 1990 that claimed to have a full-auto TEC-9. He said that it was smuggled out of the factory without any serial numbers on it. He knew his guns, so I doubt that he was mistaken.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
There ARE full auto, registered and transferable Tec-9's (KG-99) out there.  They're kind of rare, but they do exist.  Last one I saw was about $1800 a couple years ago.  Back in the early 1980's SOF had a small write up on them; I'll have to see if I can find the article now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#8]
50Cali

Wouldn't adding the barrel extension add to the velocity of the bullet and increase your range?

Thanks for your reply
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There ARE full auto, registered and transferable Tec-9's (KG-99) out there.  They're kind of rare, but they do exist.  Last one I saw was about $1800 a couple years ago.  Back in the early 1980's SOF had a small write up on them; I'll have to see if I can find the article now.

I've seen a couple of them on Bowers board in the last year or so and they were both priced at $1800. Not to bad for a factory machinegun, but the low price coupled with the rarity makes me think that they probably don't run too well.

If you can find that article Shaggy I would love to read it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#10]
You can find the barrel extensions on Ebay for 20 to 30 dollars.  They are made by Intratec and they look pretty good.  Steven
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I knew a local businessman around 1990 that claimed to have a full-auto TEC-9. He said that it was smuggled out of the factory without any serial numbers on it. He knew his guns, so I doubt that he was mistaken.

We have in our evidence room a TEC-9 without a serial number....they did get smuggled out of the factory or something like that.  However, this one is not full auto, just semi.

just me 2 cents

medcop
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:52:01 AM EDT
[#12]
The barrel threads are the same as a MAC-10.  Nearly anything that will fit the end of a MAC (including sound suppressors) will screw on the end of a TEC-9 pre-ban.  The TEC-9 threads are a little recessed in the barrel jacket, so some MAC things won't work, but most will.  The best thing to do is to try it on the gun first.  The sling that came with the gun was a cheap version of the M16 sling.  Just buy a used GI M16 sling for $2.  

You payed about what it's worth.  They have a poor reputation for reliability.  Most of the problems I hear about seem to be magazine related.  I've fired a couple of them and they always worked fine for me.  I'd probably buy one at $250 just to blast with.  Sounds like a fun gun for the price.

Ross

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 1:27:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Picked one up a while back... err well my dad did. I runs great... I have a few 32 rounders and a 50 rounder.... Trigger pull is long but its fun to take out and blam away...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top