Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2002 7:39:12 AM EDT
Anyone know where I can find a set of the trinagular handguards?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#1]
try www.fultonarmory.com

I believe they list these on their site.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:43:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I just received a AR15/M16A1 Stock Set-With Trapdoor witch included the triangler handguards from Northridge.  The whole set costed $19.00.  The add stated that they were in GOOD condition, the ones I received I would rate in better than good condition.  I lightly scuffed them with steel wool and refinished with Brownells Alumi-Hyde II (in OD green).  

AR15/M16A1 Stock Set-With Trapdoor
Early Triangular Handguard, Pistol Grip, Early Type Buttstock WITH trap door in Used Good Condition SN-18A

If you do not want the trapdoor buttstock, the set is only $14.00 (part # SN-18).  

When dealing with Northridge There are NO RETURNS on  items so please check your order carefully.

OSA

Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I ordered some from Cheaper than dirt.
It came with the REALLY OLD style buttstock, no trap door COOL.

They also have USGI M14 stocks fiberglass or wood for about $15
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I have seenmany sets of Delta handguards at the gun show, I bought my set in excellent condition for 8 bucks.

7th
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#5]
If you're going to go with triangular handguards, do yourself a favor and try to find a the correct stock like Derek45 and a 3-prong flash supressor to complete the look.  A birdcage never looks right with the triangular.  I have one of my M16's set up that way - its one of my favorites just for that look.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A birdcage never looks right with the triangular.

I was issued an M16A1 with the bird cage flash suppressor while in the U.S.M.C. and the Oh.A.R.N.G.. They look normal to me. Any way I got my M16A1 stock set from Northridge too. They are in good shape. I wet sanded mine and refinished with black alumihyde II. Looks fine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Sukebe -

I stripped my upper and parts from an old SP1; I thought the triangular handguards and birdcage was some sort of transitional thing Colt only did for civie sales while they were going to the more current models and features.  I never knew anyone was issued them that way.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]
birdcage FS was part of the A1 upgrade.  hanguards stayed triangular until A2 round/ribbed came out.

triangulars are great for bench shooting as the flat bottom provides more stability.

they are a bit rattle-y and i used to put a couple of 'ranger bands' or sections of bike inner tube (same thing really) around them to keep them more 'together' until i changed them out and put them in a box for storage.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Isn't Armalite or somebody shipping a new rifle with triangle handguards?  Maybe I just dreamed it  Oh well, I have an old SP1 upper I put on whenever I feel the need to go triangle.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Isn't Armalite or somebody shipping a new rifle with triangle handguards?

ArmaLite has a new rifle with triangular handguards, but it's their AR-10B.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#11]
OK. I received the triangular handguards that I ordered from www.cheaperthandirt.com. Total drive out on the used mil surplus kit was 35 smackers. My overall impression of these is that they are in fairly used condition (as advertised) but definately functional. After clean up, I was pretty happy with appearance. I was unable to attach the A1 pistol grip because I did not have an allen long enough to get down in there. I will definately keep the A1 stock on the rifle. The handguards will take some getting use to. Anyway, here are some pics:

Arrived from dealer.

Standard A1 20" Bushy before.

New and improved???

Up close of the A1? stock.

Hope this will be useful to somebody!!

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Great pics..  Basically the look I am going for as well.  I am going to put the same kit on a DPMS DCM, should look great and shoot great as well.  

How hard is it to change out the handguards?  IF anyone knows I would appreciate instructions.  Thanks....
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Handguards are easy.  Just stand the rifle up and pull down on one handguard.  Move it sideways out from under the front ring.  Take out the other one & replace with the new (old) handguards.

Love the oldie triangular handguards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top