Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2002 6:48:55 PM EDT
Thinking of owning a belt feed before the ban. I understand the M60 isn't the best machine gun and tends to beat its self to death, however I can readily acquire one.
Aside from being semi only what are the major differences from the real deal.
If parts break can they be easily changed, or are the parts welded to be legal.
What are the civilian version parts? (i.e. Receiver, trigger control group, etc..)
What is the receiver stamped as? (i.e. XM60A)

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
from what i understand, you would get ahead to get a 1919. those are more available genrally, and i think cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#2]
(note: I know Ø about the semi version of the M60)

All the 'fire control'is in the trigger/pistol grip assy on the M60.  The M60 trigger basicly blocks or unblocks the bolt carrier from going forward ("open bolt" firing, if I got the terminoligy correct.. when the bolt chambers a round, it will fire.) very simple.(as long as the trigger is pulled, the sear remains down, Full Auto and "safe" were the only modes on this MG)

My SWAG is that they would have to modify the trigger assy to 'drop' the sear once per trigger pull.  However, I would bet that something else would need to be done, cause what is to stop someone from using a Mil trigger group?

They were easy to maintain, biggest problem was the bipod legs getting damaged from users setting the MG up on the muzzle and the bipod vertically to do maint/field stripping.

I can see the attraction to having one, but having something that heavy for only semi auto??  in my oppinion, you could get yourself a nicer semi- .308 out of a FAL or M1A... then again, you couldnt feed linked ammo! (I guess the attraction would be a "bottom-less" "magazine"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top