Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2002 3:02:15 PM EDT
Does anyone make a cheekpiece (don't know if proper term, but the little add-on so you can get the proper weld to the stock) for the M1a that doesn't look goofy or is not the standard old tie on type.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#2]
oh yeah, that doesn't look goofy at all...
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
That cheekpiece is so you can take a knap without leaving the bench
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
oh yeah, that doesn't look goofy at all...

You got a better alternative slick?
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, get an adjustable stock slippy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, when I had a scope on my M1A I decided that functionality was more important than looks (much more important) so I just used foam rubber and 100mph tape to build up a cheekpiece. It sure wasn't pretty but it put my eye right where it needed to be.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I recall seeing a device with a couple different size foam inserts that you would put underneath a neoprene type 'sleeve' that went around your stock (assorted colors).  I'm not sure where I have seen it, maybe it was in a Cabela's catalog????
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:56:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I recall seeing a device with a couple different size foam inserts that you would put underneath a neoprene type 'sleeve' that went around your stock (assorted colors).  I'm not sure where I have seen it, maybe it was in a Cabela's catalog????

I believe it's the same one that I provided a link for at the top.  Be carefull though, jtw2 thinks they don't look kewl enough so he'd rather you spend a couple hundred bucks more on a adjustable stock.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 5:27:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I believe it's the same one that I provided a link for at the top.  Be carefull though, jtw2 thinks they don't look kewl enough so he'd rather you spend a couple hundred bucks more on a adjustable stock.

Sorry, they are not the same.  Catch word was "Neoprene".  it is strechable.  but to get the best performance I too would recomend a nice adjustable stock.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#10]
You could try and order the M21 or M25 stock from SA and then install on your M1A.  Don't know for sure if they would fit or if you can order just the stocks but, its probably worth a phone call...
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Yer kind of a crybaby aren't ya xsquid?

He specifically said he didn't want it to look goofy.  That one looks goofy.  Get over it or die angry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link for Nonames' post:

www.mcmfamily.com/mfsinc_n/tac.html

Cost $320 retail, add $50 to have your hardware installed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yer kind of a crybaby aren't ya xsquid?

He specifically said he didn't want it to look goofy.  That one looks goofy.  Get over it or die angry.

Angry? not even.  Instead of being helpful, as I was trying to be, you instead post disparaging remarks without offering an alternative.  I'd rather have something that works and look a bit un-cool to some people and have an extra $300 in my pocket, but that's just me.   71DL - same concept (inserting pads of different heights) except this wasn't neoprene -
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, maybe you're right.  I actually wasn't trying to be disparaging as much as to add a humorous post.

Sorry to get off on the wrong foot with you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top