Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2002 9:21:17 PM EDT
Ever heard of Mitchell Firearms?
At least that's what I think the name is, here's the deal.
I stopped in my local Fun Shop on my way to work  and I notice up on the rack there was what appeared to be a preban Colt AR. It was of course A1 style, had the birdcage on it, the triangulated handguards, And the really cool part was, it had a Launcher under the handguards
So, I casually asked the guy what he was asking for it. He proceeds to tell me it's NOT really a Colt preban, it's a Mitchell.22!
Told me he only wants $375 for it to boot! I'm no rocket scientist, but even if Mitchell is the absolute worst firearms mfg. in existence, it's STILL probaby worth that much for just a plinker isn't it?

I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me. Even though I'm not Positive the name is Mitchell, I'm fairly certain!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
this it?

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a Mithcell Arms PPS-22, which was a nifty little gun patterned after the Soviet PpSh-41 SMG. Even had a 50-rd drum mag, too. I paid $275 for it back in '91, and a couple years ago I saw one at a gunshow going for $650.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope, but I'm wishing it was Beer-Slayer!

This thing looks exactly like a Vietnam era Colt. You'll  have to imagine this one having a launcher on it.

They wouldn't happen to have a website would they?
I searched the all mighty Google, but came up empty handed.

Edited to add pic
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Ruckus : mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/rimfires.htm

I have a ak-47/22 Its a nice little rifle.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah! Thank you Skammy, that's what I was looking for!

Now, can anyone tell me if this thing is covered under the Krime bill? The 'launcher kinda scares me a bit. But is there such a thing as a Pre/Postban for a .22LR?

Things that make me go, Hmmmmmmmm...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top