Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2002 6:03:21 PM EDT
I am so confused .......I have an "out of the box" Norinco SKS with bayo lug (Bayo...not attached). Can I use a detachable 30 round mag or not (legally?)
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently bought a chinese paratrooper with the bayo in the box and wanted to know the legalities. Import AW laws are a really grey area. The best I can tell, a preban means import date... not mfg. date. Most SKS were imported after the ban. You cannot have a deatachable mag with a bayonet but I am really still unclear about just the lug.

www.simonov.net has probably the best breakdown I have seen regarding import laws. They even have some ATF letters on the site. However, they even state that the law is pretty grey. I do know that if you intend to mod the gun in any way, it is considered a remanufacture and by law cannot have more than 11 imported parts. I immediately replaced my trigger group and that seems to cover the legality of the ATI stock I put on it.

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]
im pretty sure 922(r) makes the 30 rdr a no no reguardless of the bayolug, unless its pre 1989, but im sure it isnt. i had a 30 rdr in my post 89 SKS, so what, didnt work anyway
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top