Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2002 1:36:59 PM EDT
Not sure what forum to post this in, but is anybody conducting a study to show what affect the AW ban has had on reducing violent crime in the United States.  We all know that getting rid of certain AW features would not affect crime.  Another question, what are the average rounds used in a violent crime and how would they be affected by limiting a magazine's capacity. If we actually had published statistical data proving that the AW ban is useless, it might help when the time comes.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If I remeber the stats I read once it was 2% of all gun crimes and average rounds was 6.5. This is from memory. I'll try to dig tem up again

Blair
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Not that I know of.  

I doubt it would do any good, the anti's NEVER seem to let facts get in the way of thier "arguments".

- CD
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not that I know of.  

I doubt it would do any good, the anti's NEVER seem to let facts get in the way of thier "arguments".

- CD

Good point
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't that THE point?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Imagine a good citizen, driving past the Hollywood shootout (those two jokers with AKs and bodyarmor vs. cops with handguns), has an "assault weapon" in his car.  He sees the cops pinned down and several people injured.  After calling 911 on the cell phone, he can help those people out.

But no.  Let the police handle everything, even if they get there too late.  Only criminals have "assault weapons."  Guns are bad, mkay.

I don't think statistics will help us, only politicians who aren't scared of guns or the anti-gun bottom feeders.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I remmember hearing one time that AW were used in less than 1 % of all murders.

Actually the you could probably look theses figures up in the FBI's annual crime report.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#7]
You must tread very lightly with arguments like this - otherwise you will unwittingly give gun grammars free publicity to tout the "AW ban Loophole" and they will be calling for a new law more akin to Mass. or CA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top