Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2002 11:59:19 AM EDT
A buddy called me earlier to ask about a price on a pre-ban Oly 20".  He said the guy wanted $1100 for it.  I thought that was a little high.  Was I wrong?  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A buddy called me earlier to ask about a price on a pre-ban Oly 20".  He said the guy wanted $1100 for it.  I thought that was a little high.  Was I wrong?  Thanks for any help.

Not if it's ASNIB or unfired. A NIB AR can now be had for as little as $800-850 at gun shows. A lot of pre-ban prices start around $1200-1400 & go up from there. Of course what they ask & what they sell for are almost always two different prices. >gg<
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
My bud describe it to be in good shape, or about 90%.  A few scratches was about all he saw.  Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Lets see if this helps a little bit.

Here in Washington State (the home of OLY)the guns are considered bottom of the line for ARs. Some are a little rough.

I recently sold a pre-ban Oly for $1200 cash at a gun show. It had a TBOR (The Bill of Rights) receiver and a new Oly M-4 upper.  Only fired for sighting in.  I threw in 4 cheap mags.

It cost me a little less of $900 to buy the receiver, collapsible stock and new upper. I would not have paid 1.2K for it.

You need to be very careful of some OLY receivers.  They seem to have a tight mag well. All GI mags will fit but some after market will be tight.

Hope this helps.

If you look around you should be able to get decent pre-bans for around .95-1.0 K.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I thank I paid $1400 for my NIB 20" oly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top