Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2002 1:04:57 PM EDT
The rifles with some amount of recoil are pretty easy,but can`t get the 10/22 to do it.
Seams like the trigger pull is so heavy ya have to pull forward to hard to reset the trigger.
Help!!!!    Thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Just use your AK, it is much more fun.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
And more expensive,i had the ar15m4 out yesterday and had a blast.
Someone here was braggin on how good they are with the 10/22.
Its a got to do it once thing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I think that you are probably correct about the trigger reset being to slow. I don't ever recall getting mine to do it before I had sold it. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]
We saw an old guy at the gunclub last summer, he put in a "drop-in" custom trigger job in his 10/22, it went full auto ! ! !
it was real fast, sounded like a zzzzzzzip!

He was real disturbed by it. We thought it was kinda funny.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#5]
UM? I know I'm stupid but what is "Bump Fire"?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
UM? I know I'm stupid but what is "Bump Fire"?

Go to about page six,theres a thread there called bump fire
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]
UM? I know I' stupid, but what BRAND of drop in trigger was that?

There was somone in another thread taling about bumping his 10/22. Maybe I had the setting in 'slow' or something, but my 10/22 won't fire "as fast as I can pull the trigger" Bangpause, bangpause, bangpause.
You might do better holding the gun still and just bouncing your finger back and forth in the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably not sufficient recoil from a .22LR to bump fire effectively.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not sure WHY you;d want to bump fire a 10/22, but, it might help if you put in an aftermarket trigger to get a lighter trigger pull.  Not sure if even this will do it.  Not a whole lot of recoil to a 22lr.

James
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:38:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I believe that a light trigger is the answer,then the use of a wood dowl that would just fit the trigger gard to reduce travel to a minimin is the only way to make it work.
Thanks for the info,just something i`d like to see work once.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Um Yeah, you know that if you start using extraneous devices, the atf may frown upon that. Even the shoelace trick may be illegal if you get caught in the act.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#12]
shoelace trick ????
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#13]
As long as the weapon being fired relies on a single trigger function for a single cartridge, there is not a whole lot the BATF could do.  They can't very well outlaw trigger control or fast fingers can they?

Someone ought to make an air compressed actuator that operates from 3-30 times a second, and is electronically controlled.  This could be inserted into the trigger gaurd over your finger.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I have heard many reports of 10/22's being bump fired!  I was going to try mine this past weekend, but didn't get the chance to.  I guess all the 10/22 guys are in hiding?!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Someone ought to make an air compressed actuator that operates from 3-30 times a second, and is electronically controlled.  This could be inserted into the trigger gaurd over your finger.

BATF has addressed that one before; the electrical or mechanical device pulling the trigger becomes the new "trigger".  When you hit the on switch, you are "pulling the trigger" so to speak.  If you get more than one shot per engagement of the electronic or mechanical trigger, it is a machinegun.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have heard many reports of 10/22's being bump fired!  I was going to try mine this past weekend, but didn't get the chance to.  I guess all the 10/22 guys are in hiding?!

I know it,i think they were pulling our leg.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#17]
You CAN'T bump the 10/22 because the whole "method" works on Recoil.
If you want to know how to do it on opther HEAVY recoil semi automatics, look at my site about the bump...
members.aol.com/bishop042/bump.html

BISHOP
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#18]
just get a bmf activator.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Just eat 30 lb. of Coffee grinds, two boxes of NoDoze, and take a couple hits of speed.

You will be able to pull that trigger at speeds that Supersonic Man will rival at.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Just eat 30 lb. of Coffee grinds, two boxes of NoDoze, and take a couple hits of speed.

You will be able to pull that trigger at speeds that Supersonic Man will rival at.

Sounds like me.(i drink 2 liters of coke every day and OH MAN)
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#21]
the stock trigger will make it almost impossible. I lightly polished all the trigger group on mine and DRAMATICALLY reduced the pull. As for bump firing. I can fire it faster with my trigger finger than i can bump it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:57:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BATF has addressed that one before; the electrical or mechanical device pulling the trigger becomes the new "trigger".  When you hit the on switch, you are "pulling the trigger" so to speak.  If you get more than one shot per engagement of the electronic or mechanical trigger, it is a machinegun.

If the acutator fits over your finger however, the actuator never actually touches the trigger.  It simply pushes your finger back against the trigger repeatedly.  (Like in a pinching action.)  This would be similiar to a bump fire, where your grip on the front handguard forces your trigger finger back.

Ok, so if a contact switch were used as the trigger, only a finger tap would be needed to fire the weapon once.  This would be legal because one finger tap equals one round?  

If so, than the contact pad could stretch for a length of a few inches, and the shooter could drum their fingers on the pad for a full-auto rate of fire.  In a low recoil weapon, this could be pretty accurate too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#23]
the shoe lace trick came from AK-47.net. It involves wrapping a shoe lace around your trigger finger and looping the rest of it around your hand. Maybe it's kinda like using your belt loop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top