Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2002 12:39:42 PM EDT
I am intersted in the new XD 40.  Seems like much better ergonomics than glock and  better trigger.   Anyone shoot/own one?  have any comments?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I've not shot one but I have handled them & sold one at a gun show. Personally, I would avoid them like the plague as I question their availability & longevity of parts for the gun. Springfield Armory has a couple of guns they've brought out & left to die. The CZ clone was one of those. My .o2
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a third generation HS2000 (same gun, AFAIK) in 9mm. Great handgun. Nice and tight, very accurate, breaks down easily, goes back together smoothly. Excellent trigger. Do a search using HS2000, great reviews.

The HS2000 is still available out there for right around $300.00-$350.00 NIB. I don't think they ever made an HS in .40 though.

If ya' gotta have a .40, I guess you need a Springfield.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the chance to try one out in 9mm.  I liked it.  As pointed out above it is just a name change for the HS2000 that has been out for a while.  Best.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Isnt there a board dedicated to the hs2000?  The one I held in the shop the other day felt great.  I believe they will give Glock a run for their money.  I'm not a big glock fan.  Its the only handgun that I know of that has lots of kabooms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top