Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2002 11:42:30 AM EDT
Hello All. I have a Marlin model 25n .22RF and would like to find a good scope for around $100.00. This rifle has those 2 groves built into the reciver for scope mounting. Which scope should I choose for informal target shooting? Thanks Jay
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello All. I have a Marlin model 25n .22RF and would like to find a good scope for around $100.00. This rifle has those 2 groves built into the reciver for scope mounting. Which scope should I choose for informal target shooting? Thanks Jay

Dollar for dollar, Swift perhaps makes the best "cheap" scope. They come with a lifetime warranty so you can always replace it. Tasco is another brand that is better than its price would indicate. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Try the next gun show near you.... any 1 inch scope will be perfect for a .22

those 1/2 inch scopes are horrible
CB
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I was looking for a scope for a Marlin bolt in .22 mag, I like the Simmons line a lot, the one's with the ugly faux stainless finish.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget rings - check out Millet Angle-Loc rings for grooved rimfire receivers.

BKL's are very good, too.

I agree with the idea of checking the gunshows - I have been seeing a lot of Weaver 2.5X's, 4X's, and 3-9X's for $80 to $100.  These are excellent scopes with steel tubes, good reticles, and good images - hard to beat.  An old Redfield would be great also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top