Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 3:21:08 PM EDT
Just learned about bump firing. sounds almost too good to be true.(who needs full auto?) Can bump firing damage the rifle(especially the XM15). And how acurate can you get with bf?

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
No, you can't damage the rifle.

Bump firsing is in no way a replacement for Full Auto.  

You can get fairly accurate with practice, supposedly, but nothing near what would be needed for a real live tactical situation.

Bump firing is also not reliable.  Some weapons will do it better than others, but all will most like jam/fail to fire once per mag or so.  You would never use this technique in a real situation.

It is simply a fun way for non-class3 owners to enjoy to effects/recoil/noise of owning a full auto weapon.  Nothing more.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
My pre-ban Oly with a FN upper, Wilson HBAR, and Bushy 6-pos fiberlite bumps fine!  I love it.  Nothing like killing a mag in about 3 seconds.  

I could not believe it when I first tried it.  I just collapsed the stock, held it at the hip, and let 'er rip.  I about dropped my weapon I was so suprised.  

As far as accuracy goes, well, if you practice a bit, you would have no problem what-so-ever hitting a human size target at varied distances.  

Good luck and have fun with it.  Just know what is downrange and grip your fore end well.  

Oh, yeah, almost forgot -- don't be too suprised if the law gives you a visit for doing the bump!

Bump on brother!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump fire is cool for all of 20 seconds.  It is DEFINATELY no replacement for FA.  Plus the fact it can be dangerous.  I almost saw someone catch a round under the chin trying to bump a Tec-9 off the hip.

NOTHING beats full auto.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
it is fun really tests your guns reliability.i weeded out the bad mags for my mini14.The bad ones work fine for semi auto rapid fire but not the bump.the pmis work well
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone tried the devices for sale in SGN like Hell Fire that are supposed to make bump firing easier ?
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a TAC trigger on my 10/22.  I just wiggle my finger and squeeze/push the rounds out.  It works great and I can actually hold the rifle in my should when I do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top