Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 2:00:34 PM EDT
I'm a newbie to them,  I've checked out 37mm.com
What type of rounds can/could you shoot thought them?
Is the thrill just that they look good on the gun or is there some potential "tactical" use for them.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Saying you could load anything but flares into them would be illegal and cause this thread to be locked.  For the most part it's just for looks.  Perhaps someone in the forestry or boating industry could use the flare attachment.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
the only tactical rounds you can use is smoke and bird bombs. if you wany to use any thing other then that buy a 40mm
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#4]
they may be usefull for launching smoke, but i cant think of how smoke would be usefull. maybe a m79 type 37 mm would acually have some uses.

let me ask another question, can ou put a m203 37mm on a postban rifle?
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw couple of launchers fire smoke, flare and bird bombs, in my opinion other than the bird bombs it's kind of useless.  The flare and smoke rounds don't go very high or far, the flare rounds (at least the ones I saw launched) didn't have parachutes, so they went up and floated down too fast to be of use.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
That's what I figured,   I'll just stick a roman candle under my barrel and be happy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top