Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 1:04:28 PM EDT
what are the differences between the 300 whisper and the 300/221 fireball??? are they the same???

thanks,
M18A1 Claymore
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
somebody has got to be able to help me on this

it will be appreciated,
M18A1 Claymore
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking in Cartridges of the World 7th Edition (not recent).  There are no balistics listed for 300 Wisper, but the caption mentions the 300 Wisper is a 221 Remington case necked up to accept a .308 bullet.  I would imagine the two names are in reference to the same cartridge.  The book has no listing for 300/221.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]
.221 fireball is the parent cartritge. The .300 whisper is a wildcat developed by JD Jones of SSK Ind. for military/law enforcement subsonic applications. When refered to as 300/221 it is simply not being refered to as .300whisper because that particular name refers to the JD Jones wildcat. 300/221 is same thing as .300whisper when in reference to a gun made by a manufacurer other than SSK ind. (ex. KKF)or for the purposes of re-loading data.
Thus when in reference to re-loading: .300whisper and .300/221 fireball are both the same thing.

NM
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#4]
LilRhody,,,thanks,,,that's what I was wanting to hear.  I want a 300 whisper but I'm not keen on paying that much for a name,,,hanks,M18A1 Claymore
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Claymore, I can not speak for others products but, I can say that when I had questions about my whisper mr. JD Jones himself took time out to e-mail me long detailed descriptions of what I wanted to know. The craftsmaship of the SSK upper I own is "TOP NOTCH" and high quality all around. I got every single last dollars worth out of my upper. Something I cannot say about all my guns unfortunatly. Top notch service, attention to detail and a superior product made me happy with SSK. Good luck in your quest for that rifle buddy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top