Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2001 3:10:15 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

First let me say this is my 1st vest so if I sound like I have little knowledge of them that would be the case.

My wife bought me one of these BlackHawks for X-Mas and I can't seem to get the right fit.

The draw strings are pulled out as far as possible but still a tight fit around the chest area and the vest is above my navel about 1 inch, Is this normal or is there another size I will need?

I am 6"2 and weight is 240lbs and the vest claims to be able to fit small to XXLarge but I can see how as I can't lower the vest and the pistol draw is near my chest.

Any other guys have a problem with this?

Here is the Ebay link where the vest was bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1055874332

If it turns out that I am too large for this vest then what do you guys like for a good fit?

Thanks for any help given.

Steve.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:07:18 AM EDT
[#1]
You could try to add longer side strings, However the wider you make the vest the shorter it will fit. If you are unable to fit this style vest try www.lightfighter.com for some SOE vests. It may be better for you to scrap the vest idea and go with the good old suspender LBE idea.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm your size but 5lbs lighter.  My vest sounds like it fits a bit better (Urban Tactical Model) but the length sounds about the same.  When I look around on the net of swat teams etc wearing their vests it looks like they have the same fit.  Seemed odd to me too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish I could get a vest to fit like that. I'm 5-10 175 and everything goes down to my hips. It covers up my duty belt, real pain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top