Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2001 5:39:28 PM EDT
I am looking for a list of manufacturers and their stampings on the mags.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2001 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
This is copied from Fulton Armory
I never have been able to turn their pages into URLs
BRW made by Borg-Warner
BRW S-1 made by Borg-Warner
C.M.I. made by Check Mate Industries of Long Island, New York
Note: CMI was the last known military contract maker. (Circa 1990/1991.) This contract was reportedly done for the U.S. Navy for M14 deck rifles used during the Gulf War. According to Clint McKee of Fulton Armory, the quality of these magazines was not quite as good as from earlier contracts.

HR made by Harrington and Richardson
H-R made by Harrington and Richardson
HR-R made by Harrington and Richardson
KMT (A stylized logo with large K and the "M" and T" tucked in around the "K") made by Kileen Machine and Tool Company
M made by ? Possibly mis-marked magazines made by Winchester (inverted M???)
OM made by Winchester (Back when it was part of Olin-Matheson.)
SA made by Springfield Armory (The original government arsenal, not the commercial firm that now uses the name.) These magazines are very scarce and command premium prices.
TRW made by Thompson Ramo Woolridge
UHC made by Union Hardware Company
W made by Winchester
WRA made by Winchester
cpermd
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is the site where "cpermd" got the information:

www.fulton-armory.com/M14Mags.htm
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This is copied from Fulton Armory
I never have been able to turn their pages into URLs

FYI - What I usually do is put your mouse cursor on the page you want your url, and right click on your mouse button, that should bring up a menu, and click on the the properties for that page, and highlight & copy/paste the url to your destination.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#4]
cpermd,

Thanks for the info.  That's exactly what I needed.  I picked up a bunch of VGC mags marked BRW S-1 at the gun show this weekend for $16 each - I was fairly certain that, at the time of purchase that BRW were USGIs.  What a find.  I let about seven KMT stamped mags slip away because I wasn't sure if they were USGI at the time.  Oh well, still got a deal.

I gave the dealer every chance - he knew they were USGI, and said the price is correct.  He said he had a box full that he wanted to sell, that's why they were so cheap.  I even started talking to another guy behind the same table and he confirmed the price.  I took 11 BRW mags in a heart beat.

Wish I could find deals like that at every fun show.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Warlord
Thanks
I have learned today
cpermd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top