What do you think guys! gj.

Link Posted: 12/30/2001 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great, but the Optima?...WHY?
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#2]
7IDL:
Why a red dot Optima on top a scope?
For CQC close quarters combat and ipsic type competition shooting, swat teams etc.

Basically for close in stuff the acog target acqisition is to slow when shooting under 50 yrds and this provides a fast easy and accurate backup sight. gj.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#3]
gj,

But, you seem to have two similar scopes.  Both are sold as CQC units.  Maybe a 10x scope with the Optima would be a better combo.  Then you got real precision plus CQC.

Neat concept though.  Hmmm, now let's see.  I have a 16" flattop with a 10x scope that shoots MOA.  And I got an Optima on the wifes Mark II.  Hmmmm.

Nope.  She'd kill me.   LOLs

James
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#4]
i put an optima on top of a 3X9 by taking a short piece of Weaver rail and putting an extra scope ring on my scope (with the ring upside down) then put the short piece of weaver rail in the part of the ring that would normally grab the rail on the gun....then put the optima on the peice of the weaver rail....make sure you pick out a weaver base that is pretty much the same on the top and bottom........Damn i wish i had a camera--is this making sense???

Dick
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Dick

It is making sense but damn, I wish you had a camera too.  

James
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
gj,

But, you seem to have two similar scopes.  Both are sold as CQC units.  Maybe a 10x scope with the Optima would be a better combo.  Then you got real precision plus CQC.

Neat concept though.  Hmmm, now let's see.  I have a 16" flattop with a 10x scope that shoots MOA.  And I got an Optima on the wifes Mark II.  Hmmmm.

Nope.  She'd kill me.   LOLs

James

James:
the major diffs are the acog is built tuffer than any scope and its calibrated for .223 bullet drop. It has 4and 600 yard marks on the cross hairs along with tritium cross hairs that light up in the dark and is not battery dependant.
Also could you hold you rifle above you head (scope down) and let it fall to the ground and still be able to use your scope ?
With this one you can.

Would I use the acog for benchrest accuracy nooope.

Would I use the acog if my arss depended on it yeeep. gj.

PS. The Optima wouldnt survive on either scope!
And you still have MOA with the acog.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top