Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2001 11:02:04 AM EDT
Though I speak Spanish I had never heard this expression before(Cuerno de chiva). It refers, I believe to AR15's. I came across this expression while reading a newspaper. The literal translation is "Goat's horn".

Does it refer to only AR15's or to any sort of assult rifle? Anyone know?

Link Posted: 12/30/2001 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Lo busce', pero no puedo encontrar nada de ello. ?Cual periodico?
GG
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
No me recuerdo el nombre ya que esta en la basura. He buscado "cuerno de chiva" por el internet y solamente encontre algo que refiere que es un arma favorecido por los narcotraficantes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#3]
La sola cosa podia a encontrar fue el luchador de Lucha libre. Como se llama " cuerno de chiva". Es todo. Aun me pregunto que es. Donde esta la informacion ? Pues, busco, busco, busco.
GG
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#4]
the actual name is cuerno de chivo, in a straight translation it is horn of a male goat, it is a term derived by border peasants during the early 80 to describe an ak 47, at that time the drug lords and drug runners were equipping there thugs with these weapons, for the same reason tha the russians made them, there are easy to shoot and reliable as hell, for someone who has no previous experience with firearms....thee term actually relates to the curviture of the ak mag.....it looks like the horn of a goat "cuerno de chivo"

perdon lo ubiera escrito en espanol, pero no pense antes de escriber lo.....trata de agregarle  la letra O a la palabra chiva, convierte la de feminina an masculino...y luego busca en el internet.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#5]
!ay,Que jodido! Lo encontre'. Haz click aqui . Deseo que funcione. http://www.condorpictures.com/CP001.html  

GG
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
the actual name is cuerno de chivo, in a straight translation it is horn of a male goat, it is a term derived by border peasants during the early 80 to describe an ak 47, at that time the drug lords and drug runners were equipping there thugs with these weapons, for the same reason tha the russians made them, there are easy to shoot and reliable as hell, for someone who has no previous experience with firearms....thee term actually relates to the curviture of the ak mag.....it looks like the horn of a goat "cuerno de chivo"

perdon lo ubiera escrito en espanol, pero no pense antes de escriber lo.....trata de agregarle  la letra O a la palabra chiva, convierte la de feminina an masculino...y luego busca en el internet.

Thanks, I appreciate it. It's always interesting the way colorful expressions get started.

thanks too Gun Guru.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#7]
no prob, it was just refreshing to finally read something in spanish........
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#9]
do you see that flag behind the rifle under your name???????? it says i can do, or speak however the hell i feel like......i wont be wronged,insulted,or laid a hand on,i dont do these things to others, and i expect the same from them!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#10]
raf only hablas Amur'cun. I like to brush up on my espanol sometimes, too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 5:10:06 AM EDT
[#11]
hey Raf,
dude lighten up. It's great that freedom loving individuals can span cultures and languages.
Hispanics and blacks and others support the Second amendment too! The Right to keep and bear arms is for ALL OF US.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 5:33:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Heh, they can't do the moderator duty in espanol!

Yo quiero taco bell.

Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top