Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2001 4:57:30 PM EDT
The title really says it all:

Anyone have any experience with their pistols, Sub-9 or new Sub-2000?
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the Kel-Tec .32 is pretty clever.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Troy,
Glad to know there's someone out there who's heard of this company's products. The Sub-2000 is the product I am also interested in, however, it's not clear from their site if this weapon is in production yet.
I have my concerns about the ammo that can be used (9mm +p?) in them – especially with one's face so close to the firing mechanism: Sent Kel-Tec an e-mail; awaiting a reply.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Sub-Rifle in Glock 22 ... takes GLock 22 mags ... 40 cal...
And a P32 for my ultimate CCW "Piss them off weapon"

Both seem to be what they are inteded to be ... but I would let the Sub-Rifle go if'n somebody wanted it .. since I have many other weapons that do what it does...

Ted...
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#5]
www.ktog.org is a good place to look, if you're interested in Kel-Tec products.  I have a P-32.  While I greatly appreciate the design, weight and thinness, I have had terrible luck with it and with their service.  Some pictures at users.upstate.net/zoom/P-32.

Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a P11 and I like it. I carry it many times in place of my Glock. However, be forwarned that it is not a target pistol. As others have stated, it has a very long trigger pull and is not the most accurate handgun I have ever fired, but it is more than enough to do the job it is designed for.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else if I didn't feel comfortable carrying it myself.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the P-32 and believe it to be almost perfect for a carry anywhere-all the time pistol.  My experience with the Sub-9 has been less than favorable.  The reciprocating Op-rod is a definite minus, add to that bad sights and poor ergonomics and you have a loser.  If I were looking for an inexpensive pistol caliber carbine, I would try one of the Ruger's or Marlin's first.  Don't mean to slam their gun like that, but this is MHO, and I have a serious preference for the COLT's .  By the way, from what I've seen/heard their customer service is top notch.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one of the first edition sub rifles (the ones with the metal receivers) in 9mm which accepts Glock Mags.

It just purrs through 33 round mags with out a hiccup.

The best thing about it here in Texas is that it is classified as a long rifle which means you can carry it just about averywhere without a concealed carry license

Never leave home without it  
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#10]
stcyr, I've been using the Sub-9 (set up for G-18 mags) for about two years now.

I haven't kept any accurate count of how many rounds have been through it, but it's a few cases (probably between 3 & 4 thousand rounds).
I went through one box (1K) of the SA stuff right after I got it. The bolt wasn't going all the way back for the first mag or two, but it loosened up by the third mag, & it's run 100% ever since. The 2nd, and 3rd cases through it were the HOT Hirtenberger buzz-gun ammo.

The only reason I used the subgun stuff was because I found nine cases for 8.5¢ a pop. This could be my imagination, but I don't think so - THAT'S the ammo that mine likes best! I don't think it's EVER had a FTF/F/E with the hot stuff.

I don't know anything about the Sub-2000 (I haven't even seen one yet), but I don't know why they'd want to change anything at all on the Sub-9.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#12]
My boss carries a P-11 9mm in a SOB holster, and he likes it.  I've shot it once, and it was pretty handy.  I'd have to spend some time with it to get used to the trigger, but overall, I'd say it's a pretty decent package.

The p-40, on the other hand gave him fits.  The slide would lock back with rounds still in the magazine, and I mean every other round.  You had to give the back of the slide a slap with your palm to get her going again.  He'd read where more than a few p-40's did that.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks to all for the feedback – stcyr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top