Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2001 7:08:18 PM EDT
Hi Guys,

First time posting here, GREAT SITE! I hope you can help me out. Years back when the bans were really rolling I bought a Colt Match H-BAR.  Probably around 92 or so.  Then I bought a bushmaster "dissipator" upper without the matching bolt carrier.  Do I have to worry about a head space problem if I drop the Colt Carrier into the Bushmaster?  I didn't think it would be a problem since both were new and I assumed both were and are milspec.  What do you think?  Did I cost myself money by trying to save a few bucks back then?

PS: Whos got preban Colt 32rnd 9mm mags?

Thanks much,

Billy
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Do the safe thing so you can be alive an appreciate that evil thing  get the headspace checked!
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]
the bolt carrier will not effect head space.. but the bolt will. The bolt, barrel combination needs to be close. The carrier can be just about anything... but an m-16 carrier is not legal(it will work) in an ar15.
The bolt locks up in the barrel extension, the carrier is not involved.
An ar15 carrier is very different than that of an m16........pat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top