Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2001 5:32:26 PM EDT
I have one of these little guys with a 2" barrel. I just wondered if anyone knew of a way to make the front sight a little more visible. I know it is pretty much a in close gun. Just wondered if I could use a little white paint on it? Has anyone attempted this before? I need some feedback:)
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have tried different types of paint and all my wife's and daughter's nail polish on front sights. None of them helped me much, probably (or is that prolly?) my eyes. White nail polish is pretty bright and comes with an applicator. It comes off pretty easy also.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:29:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What I always did was to use a single-edged razor blade to shave the plastic insert in the sight down a little, and then paint it back with flat white paint, then again with flourescent orange paint. By shaving it down, once you paint it, it's back flush with the sight body. You end up with a front sight that shows up REALLY well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top