Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2001 11:34:11 AM EDT
I see AIM and a few other dealers are now selling Skorpion SMG parts kits.  What would anyone do with a parts kit?  Were Skorpions ever imported into the US?

Tenn. Guns appears to be getting ready to sell Skorpions in .32 acp (as opposed to the 9mm for sale at centerfire systems, etc.).  I will be curious how these guns will be configured.  I would love to get one with a folding stock, even if I had to pay the $200 tax.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Chaulk one more up for Canada

Our silly little laws are so full of holes that we can buy Skorpions up here.. They have to be the .380 version ( .32 is a nasty bad bad round).

They are semi only but are considered to be pistols.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#2]
You lucky Canucks, I would so love to have a Skorpion.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, a Skorpion pistol was made in the USA.

Armitage Arms made the Skarab Skorpion 9mm pistol for roughly 1 year.  It takes Mac 11 magazines.  Only a few hundred were made, as they did the same as an Intratec Tec-9 and the Kimmel AP-9.  The difference was that they were heavier (solid steel receiver; build like a brick though) and more expensive.  Thus, they never really went anywhere.

The pistol was interesting.  They used some AR-15 and Mac-11 parts in the receiver!  I got to play with one that showed up at the local shop.  It utilized an AR-15 safety and had a Mac-11 cocking knob.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a closer look at the internals to see if I recognized anything else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top