Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2001 5:35:03 PM EDT
An ex-room mate of mine is an SP aug. he told me that they carry their mags at the small of their back and that when they reload; an arm swing around and props up a mag to reload the rifle. had i not known him personally and seen him off to the Air Force i would have thought him to be Bull Shitting me. has anybody seen one of these..."contraptions"? pictures?

i'd rather use my own arm to reload-lib
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You are an idiot,,,go watch "Tomb Raider"
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You are an idiot,,,go watch "Tomb Raider"

haha. i have'nt seen "Tomb Raider" and dont really care to. that stuff only works in movies. guiding the top lip of a mag is better done with my own hand.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 1:02:25 AM EDT
[#3]
SP aug.  ?? Augmentee?? OK here is what I know there was a couple of bases that issued only one set of webgear for Law enforcement and security.  they were using the black webgear and had three of the bianchi single 30 round mag pouches on their belt.  I have never heard of this reloding procedure and think someone showed them their "great idea" for reloding.  The procedure you describe isn't close to SOP or any of the acceptable variations I have ever seen.  If he is an Augmentee someone might have told him this to F*%k with him.
john
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 1:13:53 AM EDT
[#4]
i am a staff sargent (SSgt) in teh USAF stationed in alaska.  our gate guards all have the standard issue 3 mag pouches strapped to there pistol belts.  i have never seen anything like what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 1:58:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I was an SP augmentee. He is bullshitting you.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 3:36:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I am not only an S.F. troop(there is no SP anymore, as of a few years ago, we are now Security Forces) but I am also Combat Arms... we use tac vests at some bases and standard 30 round mag pouches. I concur... your friend is full of shit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 5:50:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I was an SP for 10 years. It's BS
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#8]
ok next time i see him; im going to ram my foot up his arse for pulling my leg.

i wish i could have gotten into the Air force. damn RE3 code.

only two arms lib
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#9]
hey CATM I was in right when the "change"  occured are you stationed in Mt or from there?  
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Honda- yeah, I'm stationed at Malmstrom AFB, in lovely Great Falls, MT. You got out at the right time! It's been kinda ugly the last couple years.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey CATM I knew it was time to get out I was LE and had been on patrol for 4 years and they told me I would now be guarding the ramp!  I don't think so.  How is malstrom I was at Al jabber with a team of guys from there in 1995.  I did have a great time in the AF sometimes I wish I would have cross trained instead of seperating but I made more this year in Nuclear security as a civilian than my best friend did as an E-5 flight chief so I guess it worked out.  Do you guys have an EST team?  That was one of my favorite things while I was in.
john
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:54:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey honda, Malmstrom is great as far as hunting, fishing and the outdoors in general. MT is a good Pro-Gun state so I like it here. I hear ya about the merger shit. Thats why I retrained into CATM(Combat Arms). I'm still SF but I have much better hours and get to shoot and work on guns all day. What more could a guy ask for?Here they have TRF(Tactical Response Force) instead of EST. I had some of the most fun in my career while EST at Nellis and Osan. Kicking in doors and CQB is what it's all about.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 2:04:53 AM EDT
[#13]
i agree with lonegunman, youre an idiot. what the hell is an RE3 code. and if you believe that then the AF is not the place for you. smart guys, chicks, and college students join the AF. meatheads, lesbians, and people generally angry at the world join my Corps. you my friend are needed in the Navy!!! no weapon handling and reloading to confuse you, and im sure youd look just spiffy in those adorable bellbottoms
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:40:51 AM EDT
[#14]
RE3 code is on a DD-214.  I think it was a re-inlistment code or discharge code. and I think it was put on there when you EOS early (Ghram/Rhudman(?))(Reduction of force) back when...80's ?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:44:10 AM EDT
[#15]
RE3 means someone was discharged under circumstances that will not allow you to serve.  I have seen it assigned to persons who refused orders or were medically discharged.  It basically means you cannot come back in or be accepted by another service, without that service granting a waiver.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:22:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I thought the Air Force reloading method was to hand the rifle to a Soldier (US Army) and "ask them to put more 'bullets' in their 'gun'".
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Forrest that would work but the army guys never have any ammo
why would the guards to the patriots in Saudi only have 20 rounds and keep it locked in the CP?
john
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#18]
RE codes run from RE1 - RE4, unless things have changed. Libertoon, I'm sure you know if the reason for the RE-3 is waiverable or not, no need to go into it here. Waivers are allowed for RE-3, and while a person may not get active duty, there are guard units that will do the paperwork to get an extra body. It all depends on what it was for. I've never heard of an RE-4 being waivered...but as I once said long ago, "there's got to be a waiver for just about everything in the military!".
One last note (this is all  based on 20+ yr. old info), Discharges can be changed if you submit the paperwork and a board finds reason to do so, but Reenlistment codes are not changeable.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I thought the Air Force reloading method was to hand the rifle to a Soldier (US Army) and "ask them to put more 'bullets' in their 'gun'".

Forest, that's very hurtful[>(]very very hurtful[>Q]

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#20]
CATM, what's the deal with all those M16's (NOT A1's), which are older than many of our Airmen?

Also, what's the deal with the chromed bolts & bolt carriers still present in even the ones converted to A2 SPEC?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#21]

That's hillarious!  You're kidding right?

I was an AF SP from '88 -'92, did my time in Europe.  When the Army was taking their Pershing II warheads out of Europe they used our base to store them until they could be flown out en masse.

Because they were Army resources, the Army was responsible for all of the security during transport (we had our own weapons storage area already, and somehow we convinced the Army that we could keep their big, bad boom-booms safe).  When they would run convoys from the flight-line to the WSA, the Army troops would maintain the cordon, blocking traffic, looking mean with their rifles in hand, no magazine in the weapon (not even for show), and their ammo pouches were clearly empty.  We were told that they Army troops did, in fact, have ammo: It was sealed in a large ammo can.  The idea was that if something happened, it was the platoon sergents job to distribute the ammo to his troops.

This was not only hillarious for us cops, but also really confusing.  The amount of security required for an Air Force nuclear weapon was clearly significantly greater than that required for an Army one, even though they were equally dangerous.

Here is one more anecdote to prove how stupid this was: Our WSA had a line of bunkers where the weapons were stored. All of the bunkers  were fully alarmed, with a full "15 in 5" dedicated to the WSA (Any SPs here that have worked in a WSA can attest to the security).  Well, one day the Army was moving some stuff in or out of their dedicated bunker when an alarm went off on one of the adjacent bunkers.  One of the ART teams and the fire team were dispatched to the bunker.  Obviously, this interfered with the "security cordon" of the Army operation, and the Army troops tried to stop the SPs from responding to the alarm.  The conflict was quickly resolved when it was made clear to the Army troops that the SPs not only had weapons, but the ammunition to go with them, and that their weapons were, in fact, loaded and pointed in their general direction.  The Army troops quickly withdrew from the adjacent bunker and continued their operation without further conflict.

I have other stories, but I think I have made my point.  The Air Force doesn't screw around when it comes to security.  AF cops always have ammo with their weapons, and unlike the Army, are well disciplined in their safe use and handling.

BTW, I never trusted any auggies.  They were usually either rambo wannabies (dangerous), or the losers that their office liked to send out on exercises to pick on them (stupid).
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#22]
CyKa I agree 100% except the thing about the augee's in 1997 when the SP (SF) numbers dwindled we needed augee's to help and the other squadrons seemed to send a lot of women I ended up dating two of them.  I probably wouldn't have counted on them in a firefight but they were great in ... you know.  
john
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#23]
I am SF right now ( reserve activated after 9-11). We have a shit load of Augys right now.  We don't have enough SFs on the base.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#24]
hey huey were you active reserve, inactive or IMA?  I am inactive and I got a stoploss notice but no activation notice?
john
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Honda, I am in Atlanta at Dobbins AFB.  I am a regular reservist that got activated for a year.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks, huey I hadn't heard of any inactive reserve getting activated yet.  Just wondering
john
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
i agree with lonegunman, youre an idiot. what the hell is an RE3 code. and if you believe that then the AF is not the place for you. smart guys, chicks, and college students join the AF. meatheads, lesbians, and people generally angry at the world join my Corps. you my friend are needed in the Navy!!! no weapon handling and reloading to confuse you, and im sure youd look just spiffy in those adorable bellbottoms

WTF! how am i an idiot? whats with the grilling? an RE3 code is Reenlistment code. whats with the character assassination? i did not make up what he told me. he was bull shitting me. i am not confused about changing magazines in my rifles. 4-5 seconds for an AR and about 9-10 seconds for an AK. thats not too bad.

i've been thinking about the National Guard now actually. i'm not impressed with Navy uniforms, but uniforms are only uniforms.

Libdog
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#28]
worst problem with the navy is being called seaman for all those years It could only be worse if it were cumstain.
john
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
RE3 means someone was discharged under circumstances that will not allow you to serve.  I have seen it assigned to persons who refused orders or were medically discharged.  It basically means you cannot come back in or be accepted by another service, without that service granting a waiver.

Not true about the above, but your right about needing a waiver. RE2 is medical. a person with an RE3 is not actually barred from reenlistment. the Air Force is just picky. i could reenlist in the Army, Marines, and the Navy says that they could put me in. im going by what recruiters tell me. if it was some sort of instant no-no, then the Airforce would'nt have made me wait for 3/4 of a frickin' year. damn their slow.

my discharge was an Entry Level Seperation. i had not yet completed basic. nothing due to medical, or phsycological issues. no criminal offenses either.

lib
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top