Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2001 4:37:18 PM EDT
Went to the gunshop today to just look.You guys know how that is. :) Well the first thing i see when i walk in the door is a bushmaster carbine!The guy wanted $1000 for it.I just told the guy I can get it for $800 off the net.I told him I wanted to spend my money with him, keep it in town :)So i got it for $860.I dont think i did too bad on the deal.What do you guys think.This is my first rifle. And this is my first post on here too.Im so happy I just had to get on here and tell you guys.If there are any of you guy in the KC area let me know im in Olahte KS.
Let me know if i did good on the deal!
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats, you paid a fair price for a great rifle
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks SGB.
I didnt do any shoping around,here in town just on the net.First rifle, just didnt want to get taken :)
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You mean he didn't get all red in the face, start stomping around, throwing things and yelling, "You guys won't let me make a *%^#!% living!!" ??

I was in a local shop yesterday and they had a Bushmaster M4-looking thingy for $900.  So it sounds like you did A-OK.  Have fun with your new rifle.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#4]
NO SWS he didnt .... he told me think you for spending your money with me! :)Id like to help keep the little gun shops in buseness.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to a local gunshop yesterday just to look also.  I was not too impressed with what I saw and heard.  They were trying to sell a Colt Match Target for $1300.00.  Bushmaster A3 upper with carry handle was priced at $750.00 and there was a tub of South African battlepack ammo for sale...2700 rounds for the bargain price of $499.00.  The kid behind the counter was also telling another shopper that "you CANNOT put a post ban upper on a preban lower because the serial numbers won't match".  I won't be shopping there any time soon.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Went to the gunshop today to just look.You guys know how that is. :) Well the first thing i see when i walk in the door is a bushmaster carbine!The guy wanted $1000 for it.I just told the guy I can get it for $800 off the net.I told him I wanted to spend my money with him, keep it in town :)So i got it for $860.I dont think i did too bad on the deal.What do you guys think.This is my first rifle. And this is my first post on here too.Im so happy I just had to get on here and tell you guys.If there are any of you guy in the KC area let me know im in Olahte KS.
Let me know if i did good on the deal!

That sounds pretty fair.  I got my Bushy M4 off of Gunbroker.com for $819 shipped + $35 for the transfer fee, so that sounds pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Did that price include sales tax?  I picked up a new Bushmaster shorty A3 with carry handle for $799 last year, but we don't have sales tax here in Anchorage.  I later traded it for a preban Bushmaster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top