Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2001 4:32:28 PM EDT
While cruisin some pawnshops today I found a AR marked Palmetto. It was setup up as a preban, flash hider, bayo lug. I have heard little about these and was wondering how to verify it being preban. It was in decent shape..asking price of $899
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I would buy it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I think all the Palmetto Armory rifles were preban. I made several rifles on their receivers in the early/mid 80s. After that I don't even recall seeing any ads for them anymore. I think Palmetto became Olympic Arms sometime well before '94 which would mean a Palmetto marked gun was de facto a preban. Someone on this board will be able to quote chapter and verse on this I'm certain.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello,
dont waste your time , go and buy it it will serve you well. here is a post that we had awhile back on Palmetto , check and see which receiver they used on it and let me know if you pass i will buy it to add to the one's that i have already.

TargetShooter2

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=50170
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
35222 is the cutoff for preban status.
PWA became Rock River.
SGW became Olympic.
cpermd
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:39:38 AM EDT
[#6]
SGW (OLY ARMS) made lowers for Palmetto Armory.
I owned SN 1416, it was made from bar stock and was marked "Palmetto Armory SGW OLY WA".
Olympic Arms will warrenty and remanufacture these lowers as long as they are marked OLY ARMS.
From OLY's web page:
www.olyarms.com/serialnumbers.html

SN Range  
1000 8845

1st Date  End Date
03/14/79  06/04/82

Special Notes
Cut from Aluminum Bar Stock Most made for other manufacturers such as Palmetto Armory
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top