Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2001 8:24:32 AM EDT
I have a friend who wants to sell me his Sig 232 duo-tone. Any thoughts on this gun before I buy it. It looks a little big for .380, but I heard Sig's are some of the best out there.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the two tone 232 lightweight, and it is handgun I most commonly carry. In the years I've had it I have put 4000+ rounds thru it and have had (maybe) 3 Failure-to-Feed and those were due to my reloads. Bottom line for me is that it is easy to carry, has a double action first shot with a less than 10 pound pull, and is exceedingly accurate.  Cognizance is given that if risk level is high and I must choose a handgun over a rifle, I carry a Glock 23...
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the earlier 230.  Its been 100% reliable with every kind of ammo tried and is accurate for a gun its size.  I have occasionally got slide bite if I am careless with my grip.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#3]
He has two factory mags for it but I'd like to have more if I do buy it. Do you guys know of any reliable aftermarket mags for it? The factory mags seem high ($30.00 ea.).
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I use the two factory mags that came with mine...  ProMag (sp?) makes aftermarket, but I feel the factory mags are well worth the xtra monies.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#5]
As you say, it’s a little large for a .380.  Also, I dislike the heel mounted magazine catch.

It is an extremely well made piece.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a SIG 232.  I love it. Never had a failure yet ( 1000 rds ).  I tell people my SIG looks better on the inside than their______________ looks on the outside.

Get the Hogue grips right away.  They are much more comfortable than the stock plastic ones.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Sig P230. I'm not sure of the dimensional differences between the P230 & P232.
I bought mine as a carry gun also and  it served the purpose.
I just don't like how fat the grip is. Its almost as fat as some of the compact 9mm pistols.
Mine shot extremely well and I haven't had any reliability issues. They are real easy to field strip for cleaning.

I wouldn't sell mine but I also very rarely carry it, I usually carry either a J frame S&W (38 Special) or a Glock 23 (40S&W).
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the all-stainless 232.

I also dislike all semis with the butt (heel) mag release.  To bad it did'nt have a 1911 style button mag release.

The gun is a quality piece.

I dislike how the release point of the trigger puts both the trigger and your trigger-finger (which is tangental to the trigger) out-of-line with the plane (barrel) of the gun. It is hard to explain, try it once.

Although I only put about 40 shots through it, I am trying to sell my 232 to opt for either the P239 or a colt defender.

Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#9]
One of the reasons I'm interested in the 232 is that it is a single stack which theoretically would make it slimmer than the kel-tec and taurus millenium .380s. Do the hogue grips (or any other brand) make it any slimmer? Also, is it o.k. to shoot lacquered (Wolf) or dirty (S&B) ammo through it when at the range?
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I have not seen any grips except the older 230 grips which make the 232 slimmer.
The new 232 grips are rounder than the older 230 grips. I believe they are interchangeable between the two.

The hogue soft wrap-a-rounds make the gun slighter fatter around the grip frame.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 6:54:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I decided to buy it, love the looks but the first order of business is to find some slimmer grips.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top