Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2001 4:37:46 PM EDT
I've heard a lot of folks praise the accuracy, fit, and finish of these rifles. Never seen one myself, but evidently they're available almost unissued. What's the story on these- some type of contract overrun/cancellation by Persia (Iran)?
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 4:12:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I got one myself, the stocks on most will have some small dings,scratches,mine has about 90% of the blue, stock has a couple of small dings, the bore is flawless,as is the rest of the action,(looked unfired when it got it)I bought the special slect with the matching bayo, bayo looks unissued,These were bought by what was then Perisa,(now Iran)in 1929, they were made by CZ, I'm not sure, but I think the orginal contract was for 6,000, and after reciving them I think they (persian gov'mt)figured they may have f@#ked up, as these rifles were the old "long rifle"style, ala, W.W.1,(they are almost 50" long) they then went to a shorter rifle,At least, I think this what happened, if anyone here knows, please correct me. Samco in Miami has unissued ones still in the orginal box with factory test target for $500.00 special seclects were running $240.00 with matching bayo,they are well worth the money, a excellent example of pre-W.W.2 craftsmanship,all milled parts, (no stampings)A excellent example of a Mauser, they are also a accurate rifle to shoot,if you reload you can really work up some nice loads for it, not too hard on the shoulder, and accurate as well.Check samco's ad in shotgun news, From what I've heard, samco's starting to get to the bottom of the pile,as the quality is starting to slip a little,(alot of these rifles were issued for service) some people have gotten ones that weren't so nice,However, samco has a good reputation on returns, as those who have returned them got a much better rifle sent back to them,I've got NO complaints with mine, it's a beauty. Check out Tuco's mauser forum at www.gunboards.com ask around over there, you can get more current info from those guys, they'll be more than happy to help you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top