Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2001 1:48:27 PM EDT
OK. I have heard yes, I have heard no. Does anyboy KNOW -(not opinion or "I think" please)- if a Colt  " C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7 HBAR " is a chrome lined barrel?
This barrel is attached to a factory built post-ban MT6601, which shoots like a dream, is accurate as heck, and generally a joy to use. I am curious though after hearing it both ways for so long, If it IS or IS NOT  a Chrome lined Barrel...

Link Posted: 12/25/2001 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm guessing you just read my thread on this.  I plan on calling Colt tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I did read your Post, those who stated that the "C" in "C MP" stands for "Colt" are correct. It does not mean however the barrel is NOT chromed. All Colt barrels have a Chromed Chamber, and I have heard many various "opinions" on the barrels. I can say that when I shine a light through it is indeed shiney as can be, But this does not guarantee it is truly chrome lined,(I shoot it often...)
So I am looking for a definitive answer- If you get that from Colt please advise! Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/25/2001 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:04:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can usually see the chrome lining at the muzzle.  There is usually a little ring where the parkerizing didn't "take," which indicates that the bore was chromed.  
-Troy

OUTSTANDING!!! i can see that little ring on mine. i knew that was chrome lining, now it is confirmed.
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:39:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the tip Troy. Mine too has a chrome "little ring" at the end of the barrel. I guess that answers the question for at least THIS barrel...heh,heh..

Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:49:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's a link with some useful information:

www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/barrelsbolts
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#7]
We wondered about by Friends Colt barrel last year.
We cleaned the hell out of the chamber, de-greased it, and put a spot of touch-up cold blue on the inside of the chamber, it would not stain, so we figured it was a chrome chamber.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#8]
pretty neat bit of info Troy

mine also are chrome lined    A2  SporterII
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
mine also are chrome lined    A2  SporterII

Excellent!  So is mine!
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top