Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2001 6:57:35 PM EDT
How do you remove the mag floorplates?  I want to install the freen followers and can't figure out how to take the mag apart.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#1]
30 or 20's
for 30's use a smaller screwdriver blade flathead - place it into the slot near the rear of the floor plate, gently lift it up so the detents at the back clear the mag and press it off to the rear.

on 20's push the tab out of the floor plate and press it off
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
There should be a small hole in the plate at the front.  Insert a small pointed tool ( 5.56 round works nice). and use it to pry the plate forward using a rocking motion.  You will find that the plate will slide out forwards.
You can then drop out the follower and spring.  Then simply side the plate back into position.

Be careful NOT to bend the retaining tabs, they can snap. ( I KNOW!!)

Link Posted: 12/24/2001 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I got it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you put the new follower on the spring the same way you took the old one off, assuming the old one was installed correctly. Otherwise, you won't be able to get 30 rounds in it and you'll have feed problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top