Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2001 1:38:57 PM EDT
I've seen some favorable reviews of this pistol, an inexpensive pocket .22 that is suppose to actually function. Just looking for a fun little plinker. Any input?
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
My friend owns one and they are great. Never had a jam and have helped him put a few thousand rounds through it. Great pistol for the price. IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine beat it self to death in less than a brick. Save a few more pennies and get a 22 made out of real metal. These cheasy zinc alloy matchbox car metal pistols don't hold up to lots of use........  
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mine beat it self to death in less than a brick. Save a few more pennies and get a 22 made out of real metal. These cheasy zinc alloy matchbox car metal pistols don't hold up to lots of use........  

Could you describe the failure, please? Phoenix Arms would not fix/replace? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
First, of all the one I have I love. Just don't use Federal HP's with it. Mine always jams with them.

Second, I can say that from my experience Pheonix Arms gave me the best customer service when I had a problem with mine.

I basically bought a used HP22 with the short barrel and shot it till the slide cracked. I sent it back to them and got it replaced for free and quite a few extras for free when they sent it back. I would recommend this pistol to anyone.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#5]
a skeet shooter buddy of mine showed up at the range one day with one and it wouldn't work right out of the box.......Dick
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one, was a fun little plinker. Never gave me a single problem. Sold it to a buddy who also loves it!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Bought one new that wouldn't eject fairly often. I could tell that the extractor spring was weak so I sent it back. They replaced the spring and sent an extra mag back with it. Worked like a champ. A friend kept after me about it until I sold it to him. He still has it and has had no other problems.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked one up for a gag gift for my wife.  It was under $80, so I didn't think I could go wrong.  If it worked great if it didn't, I wasn't out too much.  Needless to say, my wife had a little laugh, but I ended up with a funtional .22, that worked well.  

I broke the recoil spring quide rod, while cleaning it.  The company didn't hesitate to send me a new one.  I thought it was great customer service.

They aren't the most accurate things, but they tend to hit what you aim at.  I eventually sold mine and picked up a Browning Buckmark Bullseye.  

No regrets on purchasing, using, or selling.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#9]
my friend has one. it works great. it was a short and long barrel. its lots of fun. i had is get a bit sticky once, but i cleaned up the feed ramp and she went like nobody biz.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top