Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2001 3:35:14 PM EDT
I have a pre-ban PWA lower that is very black. It has an FN A2 upper on it with a Colt 14.5 inch light weight barrel. The FN upper is gray and does not match at all. Because the barell is the older 14.5 inch light weight I want to go with an A1. Either the original with only the forward assist or one of the new ones with the shell deflector, but it must be black. Any help as to who makes these or who may have then in stock would be great.

Thanks,
Luckystiff
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster has them in their catalog
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought a new(never used) Colt M16A1 upper with tear drop type forward assist and no brass deflector from CDNN Investments. The upper is complete with a Colt 1/12 chrome lined barrel. The receiver is black and marked CH, the barrel is marked CMP CHROME LINED. I guess it is a foreign contract because I've never seen a black Colt A1 upper before. My buddy is an FFL and got it for me at cost $262.00 including shipping. I am assembling an A1 type on an RRA lower after I eliminate the evil from the upper.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#3]
postban A1 on an RRA lower, just what I have in the works! I got peices separate and Azex arms is assembling and refinishing. He is keeping the evil look by installing a Wilson AR MB and shaving the sides off the bayo lug, so it won't mount anything.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
postban A1 on an RRA lower, just what I have in the works! I got peices separate and Azex arms is assembling and refinishing. He is keeping the evil look by installing a Wilson AR MB and shaving the sides off the bayo lug, so it won't mount anything.

Hey! That's what I'm gonna do! It's going to be a nice rifle and I'll have under $550.00 in a new(except for the A1 furniture) AR15A1.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Are the current Bushmaster A1 uppers black enough to match up to the PWA (aka RRA) lowers? I know the ones I saw a few years back did not.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:48:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey! I'm building a hybrid AR similar to what you guys are doing. I've got a RRA lower, which I'm added RRA lower parts and a RRA A2 Buttstock, with a Hogue grip, a RRA A2 Upper, and a Colt A1 20" preban(soon to be post though) chrome lined light barrel!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top