Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2001 2:51:18 PM EDT
I've got a rem 722 in .308. I'm thinking about rebarreling and getting a new stock. Is it worth putting the money into?
Gerry
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  Read the topic about Remington 721's that's running today.

The 722 was introduced at the same time and with the same good features as the 721.

721's were initially released as .270 Win, .30-06 and .300 H&H Mag.

722's were introduced chambered for shorter length .222 Remington, .257 Roberts and .300 Savage.

722 action is a great starting point for a precision rifle.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Any idea who I might send it to?
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Ohmygawd that's a topic for a whole new thread.  Depends on what level performance you're looking for.  Like we say about race cars, "Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?"

I notice you're in NY and there are certainly lots of excellent riflesmiths in your part of the country; I'm just not familiar with folks there.  If you were in North Texas I'd send you to "Speedy" Gonzales, Ron Prachl or Steve Lamphear, my favorite backwoods benchrest masters.

My rule of thumb is I do business with the guys who make benchrest rifles for a living.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top