Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2001 2:15:26 PM EDT
Is anyone else having any problems getting their ordered merchandise from Impact Guns?  I have ordered a bunch o' crap from these people, and it has been over 2 months, no courtesy email, phone call ect..ect..  I called them and they infomed me that the items that I ordered were backordered....but they were kind enough to deduct the items from my ccard.  Makes me wonder on what kind of track record these people have?
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
That is who I got my Bushmaster from.  It was kind of a pain because I live 50 miles from them and I just e-mailed them asking them to order my particualar rifle but the only way they would do it is if I ordered it online and gave cc info.  Oh well, they probably got tired of ordering shit and then people never coming to get it, although I thought that would be a normal stock item.  Overall it went pretty well though and without paying ffl transfer fees they seem to have some pretty competive prices.  I will be interested in hearing what others have to say before I make my next purchase though.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I just e-mailed them for a price quote on a gun, and this is what they said. Maybe this explains it:

Subject: Thank you for contacting Impact Guns

We have seen a HUGE increase in the number of e-mails requesting information and status on orders.  Volumes are up significantly as a result of the recent demand for the product that we sell.

We will respond to your e-mail as soon as possible.  Please be patient and expect a delay of 2-3 business days.

Your business is extremely valuable to us, and we are hiring additional staff to meet the demand.   Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerly,

Impact Guns Staff
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
While I was stationed out at Hill AFB in Ogden I got to be a regular at their shop and can say that they are kept VERY busy with all the walk in traffic to the store as well as phone calls. I can only imagine how busy they are with all the e-mails these days. If you had any questions on a SUR or C3 weapons Dave was the person to ask, since he was an owner I'm sure he's still there. If ever in the area stop by their shop but call first as it is confusing to find. Never e-mailed them but they are a pleasure to do business with in person if that helps.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I once tried to order a M3 light from Impact.  I placed the order (via WEB, I believe).  I waited, and waited, and the light never showed.  When I tried to call them, their site showed NO PHONE NUMBER (?).  This should have been my first clue.  I used switchboard.com to find them and give them a call.  After finally getting through, they said they didn't have the item in stock.  My paperwork (web print) said it was ordered and gave no indicatio of back order.  So I went to Botach.  God, am I stupid.  Somebody hit me with a brick.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#5]
They wouldnt even read my email they just deleted it, I was inquiring about a product.  This had happened twice so I gave up and went to someone else
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 8:37:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I get a lot of my stuff from Impact. Lately anytime I walk in there they are extremely busy. I haven't had any problems with their service. If you would like me to talk to somebody there for you I am going in Tues. to pick up a brake, I'll see what's up and get back with you here.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I purchased a Trijicon Accu-point scope from them and I received my order pretty quickly.  Now keep in mind that this was at least two years ago when they weren't as well known.  I got a great deal on the scope and I've noticed that you can find some bargains from their website.  It sounds like they are selling alot more online, so that might be the reason for the lack of email replies.  Good luck to you all.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Yepper - old Impact Guns is just too busy to keep you informed of order delays or status even after three weeks of waiting...and wait...and waiting.  As someone else said, even inquiry emails 'bounced'....when I could get through by email, I got that silly msg about 'we're busy because of 9/11'.  Looked them up on Yahoo, called, cancelled a fairly large order.

Oh, well.  I know I can find someone else who wants my money and is willing to provide status reports if something happens.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a Cetme from them in April and it was to be the last time I ever order from them again. They had a web site special on Cetmes for $499 so I ordered one. Later that day I get an email stating that they had sold out of the $499 Cetmes and they had others but they were $579. I was pissed and eventually sent them another email asking to split the difference for a price of $539,($539 was still agood price because all other dealers were selling them for $599 at the time). They accepted my price and the rifle was shipped to my FFl a few days later.

I have heard good things about them but they lost my faith when they wouldn't honor the $499 price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top