Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2001 11:06:04 PM EDT
I have handled these & like the way they feel, but my local dealer tells me that the porting results in a rather disturbing amount of muzzle flash from the shooter's vantage. Any thoughts on this? How about the quality & durability - does it hold up?
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:01:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I own the 627. Use it as the home safety weapon. Shot well. Wife shot it and didn't have a problem. Shot out doors in broad day light. Didn't notice any muzzle flash. Was louder then the wife's S+W 686 in .357.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:08:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Why worry about muzzle flash ,your not a sniper trying to hide from your tagets as you shot .I would find the porting a benifit as it should help you stay on target for quick firing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top