Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2001 10:13:42 PM EDT
Hi guys and girls.
I know I'm relatively new to the fold here but I think that we should take advantage of the fact that we finally have a pro gun administration and try to get the assault weapons ban repealed. I (having no experience in the world of politics or law) don't know if this is a possibilty but I think its at least worth a shot. I dont know exactly how to go about it, but I really want to make a difference. If any of you are willing to help let me know and maybe we can at least finally make ourselves heard. I know everyone here wants the same thing so what do ya say?
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey PezMaster,

I really think that the battle for getting rid of this law will be in 2003 when the law sunsets and will then have to be renewed and or ammended to take effect.  The congress of that year will vote on it and the President sign or not sign.  I am a bit worried that GWB might still sign this into law to prevent the severe backlash from the liberal media.  If the current congress has as much difficulty getting the economic package through, I highly doubt that right now we could repeal the law.  I am however glad to have another with us.

Chida66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top