Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2001 6:55:51 PM EDT
Do any members have a Marlin 9MM Camp Rifle?  

What is your opinion of them and why did Marlin decide to stop making them? They look like they would be fun and cheap to shoot.

What's a good price for one?

Is there a website for them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had one for about 11 years now. It is very accurate and reliable. It requires cleaning after about every 250rds though. It gets dirty really fast. You can still pick these up NIB for around $329-$359. They also make a model in .45. I thought about selling mine a few times but I still enjoy shooting it and have a few 30rd mags that work nice in it, so I most likely will keep it.
As far as websites I don't really know of any. I would just do a search on www.yahoo.com for " Marlin Camp carbine" or "Marlin Camp 9".

John
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Just to add....
If your thinking about a camp carbine look at the Kel-Tec Subgun. I'm going to get one of these next month if my funds are there for it. They take Glock mags and fold to a size of 16" by 7".It would make a good backpack gun.

John
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Beagles747, your yahoo idea worked.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Take a good look at the Ruger PC9. I have had mine for about three years now and love it. As it was conceived as a police carbine I am sure it will stand up to more abuse than the Marlin.
A big plus is that it takes the magazines from the Ruger P-series pistols. Hi-caps are still readily available.
This is not a big seller for Ruger in the public sector, but is an excellent little rifle.
Available in 9mm or 40 S&W.  

Allen
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Have a camp 9......fits well with the smith659....14 round mags...so i can load up and keep shootin for an afternoon.....it reminds me of the 10-22....but a little more deadly as far as it`s 9mm......don`t plan on getting rid of it soon.......marlin probably did not generate enough sales....ruger may find this also...but ruger is always leaning toward mil/le so who knows...marlin tried sport market....used ones are reasonable right now.....I was going to get a 45 also...maybe someday if I find one with the right price........
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Take a good look at the Ruger PC9. I have had mine for about three years now and love it. As it was conceived as a police carbine I am sure it will stand up to more abuse than the Marlin.
A big plus is that it takes the magazines from the Ruger P-series pistols. Hi-caps are still readily available.
This is not a big seller for Ruger in the public sector, but is an excellent little rifle.
Available in 9mm or 40 S&W.  

Allen

Ditto. I've owned both, and while the Marlin is just as accurate as the Ruger, I like the Ruger much better for its' durability. Case in point, take a look at the sights on each of them, and you can tell that one was meant for play(Marlin), and one was meant to work for a living(Ruger). BTW, don't believe those non-shooting clowns who say that these guns will only shoot a 1 1/2-inch group at 25 yds. Both Marlin & Ruger are FAR more accurate than that in the hands of an AVERAGE shooter, such as myself (My Ruger shot less than 1/2-inch groups).
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine is very accurate.....and so easy to shoot it`s almost unreal.....a lot of fun.....
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Marlin 9 Camp Carbine:

NIB = $310.00
EXC = $275.00
VG  = $225.00

Comes with either a 12 shot or 20 shot detachable mag.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top